• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Modelcollect E75 Tiger III Complete!

Thanks guys! I know there's a segment of builders who don't like weathered vehicles, but showroom fresh tanks look like toys to me. This color scheme is out there, but would blend better in an urban setting than the typical two or three tone camos.
Thanks to all for looking, hopefully the next update won't take a month.

:Drinks:

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback! I've got an idea for a street scene rolling around in my head, but it may be a couple weeks before I start. Stay tuned and thanks for coming by!

It's been awhile since my last update, so this will be a little picture heavy. I started out thinking I'd use a Miniart building, but after a full day of cleaning all the imperfections and still not being happy with it, I boxed it back up. I dug around the ol' internet and found a suitable piece from Dioramas Plus. There's very little clean up and everything fits right out of the box. I had to go get some 5 minute epoxy to join the pieces, but it took longer to go get the adhesive than it did to fit the walls to the base.
IMG_2178.JPGIMG_2179.JPGIMG_2184.JPGIMG_2185.JPG
Let's see how the T3 fits?
IMG_2186.JPGIMG_2187.JPG
I think it's going to be just the ticket. The detail of the brickwork is awesome and the set comes with laser cut door and windows. The base and building are made of hydrocal, stronger and harder than plaster, easy to sand and shape if necessary and best of all, not much more than that crappy vac formed POS.
More to come, thanks for coming by!

Following overhaul and refit "The Bench" is back in action! :yipee:
I went to the Dioramas Plus website. Randy makes pretty nifty stuff! Do you seal the hydrocal parts before paint?
I wonder how some of my dinky islands would cast in Hydrocal. :hmm:
Rock on Mike! :ro:

So here goes nothin'! Following the suggestions from Dioramas Plus, I started with an overall base coat of terracotta, I use Folk Art by Plaid, a heavy bodied craft paint, thinned with water and applied with a 1" brush.

IMG_2209.JPG

They say apply it heavily and make sure you cover all the white primered areas. Neatness doesn't count for a change.
IMG_2212.JPG

I painted the pavement with light gray and dry brushed the new AMMO dry brush paint in German Gray, keeping it random. I also painted the stone over the arches a light concrete color. The dark gray stones aren't making me happy. we'll fix those in a bit.
IMG_2225.JPG

Highlights were added by painting individual bricks with lightened and darkened shades of the base color.
IMG_2226.JPG

Test fitting the laser cut door and windows, still trying to decide on a trim color. While these were drying, I started making some bricks for the rubble piles. Break out the hydrocal and the brick mold.
IMG_2228.JPG

The bricks can come out after about 40 minutes, but won't be fully dry for about 24 hours.
IMG_2227.JPG

I made the first couple batches in plain white, but added pigments to the next several batches. Note these are frogged bricks,. pretty cool!
IMG_2229.JPG
IMG_2233 (1).JPG

You have to work the hydrocal into the mold to make sure all the bricks are full. Working time is about 5 minutes.
That's about all to report from last weekend, more to come soon as I am on vacation this week!!!! Thanks to all who commented!

Thanks guys! It wasn't as tedious as I had thought. :wow: Here's a couple photos after the washes.
IMG_2246.JPG
IMG_2247.JPG

I stained the door, I'm liking the color, but the grain looks too out of scale. May end up painted. Here's the laser cut "glass", genuwine plasket.
IMG_2250.JPG

Here's a test shot, windows in white primer.
IMG_2251.JPG

Still thinking the door looks wrong. I meant to add this photo Michelle took earlier this week, thought it was unusual.
IMG_2236.JPG

Making a trip to the big city today, more later. Thanks for coming by!

Back