• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Modelcollect E75 Tiger III Complete!

Thanks guys! The tracks will definitely look beefier, they are a PITA to build. Terry, you know what they say, "Go big or go home!" :coolio1:

The big kitty is looking good.

I did those tracks a few years ago for my early Jagdtiger,very tedious,but they look good.

Thanks guys! Not much bench time of late, but I did get the Friulmodel tracks assembled.

IMG_1861 (2).JPG
These are a definite improvement over the kit parts and worth the trouble.

Bath time!

IMG_1869 (2).JPGIMG_1870 (2).JPGIMG_1871 (2).JPG
This is the fourth set of tracks I've blackened with these bottles of Uschi blackener. About fifteen minutes later,
IMG_1872 (2).JPGIMG_1873 (2).JPG
After drying overnight

IMG_1877 (2).JPG

Ready for burnishing the wear pattern with a fiberglass pencil.
IMG_1878 (2).JPGIMG_1879 (2).JPG
Followed by a mixture of Vallejo pigments, chopped scenic grass and rope fibers, fixed with mineral spirits.
IMG_1880 (2).JPG
I'll let this dry while I work on the hull. Much more to come, thanks for coming by!
:Drinks:

Thanks Eric! I forgot these two side by side comparisons.

IMG_1881 (2).JPG
IMG_1882 (2).JPG
Thinner kit parts on the bottom of each photo. Thanks for looking in!

Like guys with big shoes. The size of the track must fit the size of the gun. My rifle is for shooting and my gun is for fun. Gary S. XLV MMXXIV

Thanks guys! I bought that set of tracks from CRM Hobbies at a Kansas City show way back when, not realizing they were wrong for every kit I had. :lol: I guess this was meant to be.
While I waited for the tracks to dry, I started working on some stuff for the vehicle. I've seen other modelers use a purloined ladder to make mounting and dismounting easier, you know something found along the way that gives you that "I could use that!" moment. I found a couple sticks of brass tube and started playing with dimensions until I found one I thought would work. I annealed the tubing to make it easier to bend, cut it to length and used my PE roller to make the radius. I cut three rungs and broke out the honeycomb jig and the Hakko. Using lots of flux and silver solder, it practically fell together. Guess I did pay attention in shop class. :wow:
IMG_1883 (2).JPGIMG_1884 (2).JPGIMG_1885 (2).JPG
And here it is!
IMG_1886 (2).JPG

After it cools, I'll dress up the joints a little and get it primed and painted.
Much more to come, thanks for coming by!

Thanks guys! Hoping for some bench time this weekend. Have a safe and happy Fourth! :Drinks:

As a professional, I am impressed with your bitty soldering results! Very nicely done sir!
We are coasting (and celebrating) this weekend. Boomfest is coming up in August, so we will get our AAA on that evening. :drunks: :drink:lol::yipee:
The Blue Angels are flying their new, noisier and faster E-model Hornets in KC this weekend! I hesitate to expose Teresa to that much heat and the mile-long walk you always have to make at an airshow.

Back