• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Modelcollect E75 Tiger III Complete!

My TLAR eyes marvel at the dedication it took to make the master that produced the mold for your building! The end product is above reproach! Unless the Man "cheated" and CNC/Laser cut the Master. A nice bit of model making on your part, either way! :ro:

You got sun today? Overcast down here.

I think it would be tedious if you had a specific pattern to work, lovin' this. You know I've said many times I'd like to get some ol' HO stuff to weather up to practice but have you seen the price of that stuff!

That is beautiful! Stunning work! Man, I'd love to have something like that for my models. I agree about the door. Perhaps the 'wrongness' you see is the fact that the grain goes sideways. Every natural wood door I ever restored has always had the grain going up and down on the main part of the door.

Many thanks, my friends! This has been a fun project, loads of new stuff to try. I spent to day working on the windows and door, the rubble piles and more bricks. I called in for a consultation on the trim color, I think this will do the trick.

IMG_2263.JPG

While that was drying, I painted rubble piles.
IMG_2264.JPG

After discussing the door color with Eric, I decided to add some highlights.
IMG_2266.JPG
IMG_2267.JPG
IMG_2268.JPG

Made a door knob from a straight pin and strip styrene, yes, there's a keyhole.
Seems counter productive to put busted glass into a window...
IMG_2269.JPG

With everything glued in place, the toothpick is just a shim while glue dries.
IMG_2270.JPG
IMG_2271.JPG

It was at this point my buddy Greg says, "I think the windows should be a lighter color." I responded in Marty Feldman voice "Too late." Damn, just like at work!
barney-rubble-laughing-hysterically.gif

Anyway, that's what I did on the first official day of vacation. More to come, thanks for coming by!
:Drinks:

Looks real good,I like the different colors on the bricks,not uniform.
This was always my favorite week for vacation from work.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments! Yesterday was pretty productive, I spent most of the day at the bench. Those rubble piles that came with the kit were a good starting place, they helped me gauge where the piles needed to be and added volume and height to the piles.

I started adding my homemade bricks, broken concrete and wood (coffee stir sticks) until I got the look I was going for. I then wet the piles with a blend of 1/3 isopropyl alcohol and 2/3 water, followed by a squirt of 1/3 Elmer's glue and 2/3 water. I added some additional crush brick material to tone down some of the gray. It looks pretty dark while wet, but stay the course.

That's where I left off yesterday afternoon. This morning, it has dried quite a lot and looks pretty good, if I do say so.

IMG_2297.JPG

I will add more scatter after the tank is in place. More to come, thanks for coming by!
IMG_2286.JPG
IMG_2287.JPG
IMG_2288.JPG
IMG_2289.JPG
IMG_2290.JPG
IMG_2291.JPG
IMG_2295.JPG
IMG_2296.JPG
IMG_2297.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks guys! It's been awhile since I took time to shoot any progress photos and now I'm just calling this one done. I added more rubble, a pair of sinister figures from MaiM and a finished base for the whole thing to sit on.

IMG_1610 (2).JPG

IMG_1611 (2).JPG

IMG_1613 (2).JPG
IMG_1614 (2).JPG
IMG_1615 (2).JPG
IMG_1616 (2).JPG
IMG_1617 (2).JPG
IMG_1618 (2).JPG

Other than the kit barrel and tracks issues, this was a pretty good kit, but definitely not a slap it together build. I learned a lot along the way, trying new stuff is a stretch, but in a good way. Thanks again for following along.

That looks great Mike! I think you nailed the rubble and the contrast of the tank to the building looks great too. Very nicely done!

:tens:

Most excellent Mike!! The whole build look really great. The camo is really kool and not in your face...which is a good thing.
:tens::tens::tens:

The tank is very convincing, love the weathering and all but it really gives the impression of heavy iron. I hope I learned something about the rubble from watching how you did it.

Back