• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Modelcollect E75 Tiger III Complete!

Iron Mike

Master At Arms And Resident Curmudgeon
I'm in with this.
1617298636775.png

Start up photos tomorrow. Let's roll! :sawall

I've just barely opened the box, but what I have seen looks pretty good. They don't have a big parts count, but that's okay.

This is a paper tiger right? Oddly I read a review of Modelcollect B52 today that was not kind. Hope it's not a sign of things.

That's a Man's Cannon there! As always, I await seeing you do the Voodoo that you do do, so Well!!
Rock Ridge is in BIG trouble this time!!

That's a Man's Cannon there! As always, I await seeing you do the Voodoo that you do do, so Well!!
Rock Ridge is in BIG trouble this time!!

I too am interested in this
I totally dig the comment about Rock Ridge

Thanks men! So I had every intention of painting camo on the Luchs today. but just felt like building something instead. Here's my start up photo of the Tiger III.

IMG_1635 (2).JPG
I wanted to know if the two piece kit barrel was going to be a problem before I got too far into the kit, so I got out the instructions and took inventory. Guess what!!?? The sprue with the barrel halves wasn't in the box! They did, however, supply me with an extra sprue of stuff I don't need.
IMG_1636 (2).JPGIMG_1637 (2).JPG
:bang head
Having already researched aftermarket barrels, I think I can get a replacement pretty fast, but still plan to contact Modelcollect for a replacement. As I suspected, the part count is low (um, yeah), so I decided WTH (thanks Eric) and plowed forward with hull assembly. So of the details are kinda wonky, but can be fixed.
IMG_1638 (2).JPGIMG_1639 (2).JPG
The weld beads provided might be okay. :bm:
These fenders gotta go!
IMG_1640 (2).JPGIMG_1641 (2).JPGIMG_1642 (2).JPG
No flame cuts on the frontal armor, so I'll add some. Having been corrupted by Cousin Eric and Uncle Nightshift, I decided to add texture to the armor plate, using Tamiya Extra Thin Cement and a stiff brush, followed by a quick stipple of Mr Surfacer.
IMG_1643 (2).JPG
Modelcollect didn't include the conduit for the Notek light, so I made one from solder.
IMG_1644 (2).JPG
Check out this crazy suspension package!
IMG_1645 (2).JPG
Wrapping up the upper hull with copper grab handles and leftover PE mesh screens. I did find an old Voyager Model PE set for a Jagdtiger that I will pirate parts from.
IMG_1646 (2).JPGIMG_1647 (2).JPGIMG_1648 (2).JPGIMG_1650 (2).JPGIMG_1651 (2).JPG
That's all for today, thanks for dropping by and Happy Easter!
1617571861282.png

Awesome Start Mike!! Thant's just crazy about the barrel. I feel this can be a super kool subject and plenty of room to have some fun with the paint scheme.
:popcorn

I purchased this kit last spring, waited most of the summer before it arrived and had kind of a funny feeling about it from the start. It wasn't an expensive kit and the fit seems to be pretty good (so far), the missing barrel is a mystery. Going to contact Modelcollect today and see how they will fix this. Stay tuned. :peacesign2:

Thanks guys! I got a response from Modelcollect asking for my address and part numbers, so looks like they are on the ball. :good:

"Uncle Nightshift"?! Is the hull bigger than a usual KT? The pictured tracks look beefier. :dude:

Thanks guys! The Tiger III (according to the instructions) weighs in at 78 tons compared to 68.5 tons for the KT, length is about the same at 7.33m, width is about the same at 3.85m, the III is slightly shorter at 3.05m compared to 3.09m. The tracks are way bigger, I'll post comparison photos next weekend.
I'm waiting on a replacement barrel from Modelcollect, but I also ordered a metal barrel just in case. Stay tuned, lots to come (I hope).
:Drinks:

Back