• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

MIG 21 BIS - JUST FINISHED !

MIG 21 BIS - May 7th Update...

Well that's interesting, what is wrapped in tap protecting the landing gear?

Well that's interesting, what is wrapped in tap protecting the landing gear?

Thanks Bob for the interest in this project!...I used in this job tissued paper and popsicle sticks joined with blue tape for protect the several delicated pieces in the undersurfaces until the installation of the landing gear structures...

:drinks

Luiz

Fantastic stuff as usual Chuck although that landing gear looks suspect to me. Will have to check my refs :rotf
James

Fantastic stuff as usual Chuck although that landing gear looks suspect to me. Will have to check my refs :rotf
James

...Chukw!?... :D ... :D

Best!

Luiz.

Double-facepalm.jpg

Very sorry Luiz. Brain must be mush. :blush:

James

I need to do the facepalm too as I only knew of Chukw's MiG! Anyway Luiz, why did you not use the resin cockpit tub seen here?
9KIXQo.jpg

Regards,

Thank you guys for the nice compliments :good: ...

...Luiz/Chukw , for sure , a honor for me :dude :D

:drinks

Luiz

I need to do the facepalm too as I only knew of Chukw's MiG! Anyway Luiz, why did you not use the resin cockpit tub seen here?
9KIXQo.jpg

Regards,

Dear Saul.

...for a simple reason : this cookpit tube is for the R version...so,not suitable for my one that is a BIS version....of the Eduard Brassin Set I only used the seat and the aft cockpit bulkhead.

Thanks for following :good:

Luiz

MIG 21 BIS - THE CAMO IS DONE!

Hi!

...now the camo job...

...the primmer...

...pre shadow...

...the underside color...

...the first camo color...

...the second camo color...

...the afterburner...

...the next step : the decals ; hundred of stencils :frantic :frantic

... see you there! :drinks

Luiz.

MIG 21 BIS - THE CAMO IS DONE!

Very nice Luiz! Good luck with those stencils, as I recall it took a solid week to get them all down! :bang head

Shaping up to be an amazing build!
Mike

Back