• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

MID PRODUCTION TIGER I"DONE"

Re: MID PRODUCTION TIGER I"UPDATE 2"

Well done Terry :dude ...I think that is very difficult to deal with PE zim...and really you did a great job :dude

best!

Luiz.

Well done Terry :dude ...I think that is very difficult to deal with PE zim...and really you did a great job :dude

best!

Luiz.

Thanks Luiz!! Still working on it.

Terry B)

Hull Zimmert is all on!!!!! :yipee Now it's on to the wheels :pinch:

Terry B)

DSC07611.JPG

Hi Tee,

Damn cool Tiger you're modeling! (y) I've got one too (yet to be built), as well as that wonderful book on Tigers: very handy, eh?!? ;) Can't recall if I bought it on a friend's recomendation, or if this friend sent it to me as a gift - that would've been Iron Mike on both situations. :dude

So... seems that PE zimm is the trend now - this is the only second time I'm hearing about it (saw it first on Moon's build) - last I knew, zimm was made spreading putty evenly on the hull and other parts and then, with the help of a little tool by Tamiya (I even got me one) "molding" it to look like the original stuff... ;)

Anyway, IMO you chose a very cool subject, so I'll be watching this Thread very closely! :coolio

Cheers and good luck! :)
Fernao

Thanks Fernao!! I hope to get back to it soon and thanks for looking in.

Terry B)

I will bow to you sire as my first PE zimmerit attempt I ended up peeling off like the skin of a banana. The dried CA glue was much harder to remove and I ended up slicing it off and gouging the kit. Luckily, it would be covered with zimmerit later.

The 72nd scale one wasn't as bad visually so it stayed on.

You make it look easy and I know it isn't.

Regards,

I will bow to you sire as my first PE zimmerit attempt I ended up peeling off like the skin of a banana. The dried CA glue was much harder to remove and I ended up slicing it off and gouging the kit. Luckily, it would be covered with zimmerit later.

The 72nd scale one wasn't as bad visually so it stayed on.

You make it look easy and I know it isn't.

Regards,

Attempt is right. I'm too far in to stop now, but I won't do it again. Thank you for the kind words.

Terry B)

Re: MID PRODUCTION TIGER I"UPDATE 3"

Well I have been off this project doing other things, but got back to it today. Instead of working on the wheels I decided to put the zim on the turret. What a freaking mess!!!! Didn't fit and I had to trim a lot. Then to my horror the PE zim was not for the Tamiya kit I'm using, but instead it's for the Academy kit. CRAP!!!! I'm going to finish this mess, but I don't think I'm going put the full interior in this Tiger. I'm going to find better option for the interior details. Here are some pictures of today's nightmare.

Terry :vmad

DSC07985.JPG

DSC07986.JPG

DSC07987.JPG

DSC07988.JPG

Re: MID PRODUCTION TIGER I"UPDATE 3"

Looks great mate

I cant believe the amount of model work you are putting in right now Terry

you are a model man possessed

Back