• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Meng Jeep with blackdog SAS set

Arming up

1593480458236.png

I wish I had more of those Meng weapons. They are far and above the academy stuff as you can see here.

Beats me, the fender wouldn't last long would it? Might swap the .30 and .50.

That was kinda my thought but what do I know??

I was mostly just curious, I'm sure weirder things have been done on the past. I know the jeep had a special mount in the frame for a 50 (I think it was the 50 anyway), just thought it might need something more substantial!

:)

That's cool Warren, is that a BAR on the mount back there?

I'm not sure, I don't know my guns well. I can recognize a 50, 30, M16 and a AK 47. That's about my extent of gun knowledge! :bigrin:

I feel kinda bad about pointing that out now, just looked a little large for the fender..... :facepalm:

I just found this image after a quick "50 cal mount on a wwii jeep" search

I feel kinda bad about pointing that out now, just looked a little large for the fender.....
Don't do that! that's why I posted it. Those guns are just dry fitted right now. Mounts are universal so I can move them around. You're right, I've only seen.30 and smaller weapons on a fender mount with jeeps.

Don't do that! that's why I posted it. Those guns are just dry fitted right now. Mounts are universal so I can move them around. You're right, I've only seen.30 and smaller weapons on a fender mount with jeeps.

Ok, I try to provide constructive criticisms...Thanks!

Crying shame to put these two guns side by side.

1593564875611.png

Broke out the OD and..

1593564918062.png

I'm done... :dance:
:mpup

Na, I wanna get some dark yellow up top, paint the cans various colors and the stowage. Don't think I've ever painted anything with all the stuff piled on like this, this will be an adventure.

Koolieo!! :dude: It looks like your having some much needed fun with this little build!
It will take a little getting use to painting everything onboard, just take your time is all you need to do.
:victory:

Trying to figure out how to lash the spare wheels on the back with all this stuff.

1593828454426.png

And the ditching stuff.
Found the fuel mount in the PE stash, thinking about cutting it down as a mount for the tire. Something improvised right?
How you like the random jerry can colors?

Looking awesome there MP! With this kind of subject most anything goes so however you can get them spares on is good.
Random Color Variations = More Visual Interest!
:victory:

Back