• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Me 323D-4

Old Dog

I did an in box kit review and the start of a build for this a little over a year ago. I got burned out masking all the tiny windows (no mask set available) and it ended up on the shelf. I recently pull it out and finished it up. Only issue I had was that some of the original masking I had done did not want to come off cleanly and even with multiple tries at cleaning with Goo Gone and a toothpick I could not get it all off the canopy. Seems like it's always something on every kit ! The original review and first part of the build can be found here Me 323D-4 review and initial build

Anyway, here are the photos of the finished kit.

323-b11.jpg

323-b12.jpg

323-b13.jpg

323-b14.jpg

323-b15.jpg

323-b16.jpg

It was difficult to get enough depth of field to show all of the linkages and counter weights on the bottom of the wing, amazingly they all fit quite well the only issue I had was handling them.

323-b17.jpg

323-b18.jpg

323-b19.jpg

I really liked this kit and except for the masking had a fun time building it as everything fit so well. The only thing on the exterior I had to trim was the upper tail fin braces which were just a tad too long. The only weathering I did was a very light wash on the bottom and the exhaust and oil streaking from the engines and this was based on a photograph I found. It is very easy to go overboard on a small scale kit like this. The panel lines are obviously over sized and often look just more so when highlighted with a wash. As always, thanks for looking.

That is nice, must had been something to see in person. Germans sure did have some wired designs aircraft.

You might try some lighter fluid on a small Tamiya swab. It has a little more bite on adhesives than Goo Gone. I tried Goo Gone once. It smelled so bad I couldn't stand it.

Well done Gary. I built the 321 and remember all those hinges and actuators. It was like handling a porcupine. I didn't like the seam on the spine of the fuselage, that took awhile to get mostly rid of.

Thanks guys, This is the 1/144 kit Ian, it's wingspan is around 15".
John, I'm assuming you talking about the old 1/72 kit, I have not seen the glider in 1/144 but I haven't looked either.

Yeah, I did the 1/72 glider, didn't know there was a 323 in 1/144. The wingspan on mine is 30 1/2 inches. Compared to a little over 38 inches for the B-36.

Back