• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Matchbox Heinkel He-115 and some other stuff

mlp

Well this was thought to go with the Battle of Britain GB, but ours started already and I will need some extra time here, so I'll post this here.

So I'm doing the old Matchbox Heinkel He-115 in 1/72

P1050552_1.jpg

I'm sure some will remember this kits when they child :)

and NO I will not use all those figures, but I will need some, I guess

and here we go --- doing some figure stuff :D

P1050557_1.jpg

P1050558_1.jpg

P1050559_1.jpg

it's ages ago I played with such damn small figures - Who said getting older makes you wiser? I proof that's not true!

Thanks for stepping by!

Well, here's a kit that I wish someone would make a modern version of. I will follow this one closely. Make us proud.

Cheers, Christian B)

I will be watching this one with interest. I did a comparison between this kit and the Revell kit (ex-matchbox) a while back and it appeared to me that the Matchbox kit is actually more accurate and ought to be any easier build than the Revell kit. Matt Swan built the Revell kit and it can be seen linked off his main page and he had a lot of fit issues with it. If you are interested in my comparison, it can be found here
He 115 comparison

Thanks for the review OD. but it makes me want a new mold even more. Maybe Azur or MPM will come up with one. They seem to do the offbeat subjects anyhow .

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks you two! :)

Thanks for the link OD. Matt has done a very good job on it. I will not use any PE or resin stuff. It will be mostly out of box and perhaps some bits here and there.

aaaaaah ... ye good olde matchbox days - i have their plane kits in better memory than their dreaded 1/76 armor kits!

this will be a lot of fun to follow! will you try out the spinning propellers through aquarium pump trick? your plan cries out for that!

:mpup

aaaaaah ... ye good olde matchbox days - i have their plane kits in better memory than their dreaded 1/76 armor kits!

this will be a lot of fun to follow! will you try out the spinning propellers through aquarium pump trick? your plan cries out for that!

:mpup

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: good idea that's true and you per accident do know somebody who has one left :D

no serious - it is a good idea

erm ... and how did you know my plan ... :hmmm

What the ... did I thought, when I came up with this? - ah well as always I thought nothing ...

Look at this

P1050658_1.jpg

There is nothing in it!

Well not true - this is the interior

P1050652_1.jpg

fine - cause you cant see that much through those windows

P1050650_1.jpg

BUT - if I want to do a rescue mission, I have at least to open one window to have an exit cause one of the three had climbed out already. Perhaps like this

S37_1.jpg

AND? YES! then I have to do some interior .... oh dear, why don't I just shut up :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ah well I will use Matt's build as a reference for some interior scratch

ah ja, almost forgot .... the two in a boat trying to escape - hard to handle those two :)

P1050627_1.jpg

P1050634_1.jpg

P1050650_1.jpg

BUT - if I want to do a rescue mission, I have at least to open one window to have an exit cause one of the three had climbed out already. Perhaps like this

S37_1.jpg

Well, Falcon vacs does offer a replacement He-115 canopy for the Revell kit:

as part 7 of their Luftwaffe series. Click the image to see the instructions. Obviously, it may not fit the matchbox kit perfectly but it has to be clearer. Are you able to vacuum-form a replacement?

Regards,

Thanks a lot Saul! yes I should be able to vacform a replacement. Only, when I started this with the rescue mission idea I though of a small little in between bird and to learn and practice how to do water - oh dear I should just stay with my little X-Planes :D

Well our GB ends in October so we'll see how much time I can offer for this one

Thanks again - this link comes in handy.

Back