• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Matchbox Heinkel He-115 and some other stuff

Thanks a lot folks! As ya all recogn I was a little absent - well there is a real life too and it's summer and there are tons of other things .... but I did some modeling just was too lazy to take pictures, but today I took some

P1050842_1.jpg

P1050841_1.jpg

P1050844_1.jpg

yes, I know all the wrong RLM colors :) well in the end you probably will believe any RLM code ... I hope :)

now the real fun will start - getting it dirty and wet

Good job Martin,
I'll be waiting for new updates. Enjoy summer while it last. Never seemed long enough in Germany.

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks a lot gentlemen and Laura :)

this turns out to become real fun ...

some postshading
P1050880_1.jpg

P1050879_1.jpg

just the beginning more to follow on the underside.
The dark lines you can see are all sprayed cause the old Matchbox kits do have recessed panel lines and I for me find it much easier to spray them dark instead of rescribing them

and this is where this journey will go to
P1050876_1.jpg

okaaaaaaaaaaaay?! you did the panel lines with airbrush? how do you make them that straight?

i always wonder how you plane dudes do those sharp panel lines!

great work martin! :pilot

Thanks Laura!

Well those lines are just masked and sprayed with oil paint. I'm using a mixture of something like 20:1 ( or even 50:1 - never measured it) of "special fuel" (that's what the can is named - hardware store) and black oil paint - it just looks like black tinted fuel then. Sprayed at almost no pressure with a 0.15 nozzle.

The negative side of this method, the black does not stick very well to the touch so you have to seal that with and acrylic coat before you go on.

Thanks a lot Gentlemen :)

some shadings further

P1050896_1.jpg

P1050894_1.jpg

P1050889_1.jpg

P1050887_1.jpg

well not sure if one can see a difference :)

now some filters and some final touches and then the other side

I can see it. shoot, you don't want to build it all up at once anyway I don't think. looking fine Martin.

Thanks a lot gentlemen! :)

today I did some waethering on top

P1050911_1.jpg

P1050912_1.jpg

P1050913_1.jpg

P1050914_1.jpg

P1050917_1.jpg

P1050923_1.jpg

P1050926_1.jpg

P1050929_1.jpg

well a second flat cote and some slight pastels and it should work

Thanks for looking