• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Fun

I've always wanted this one....

View attachment 174644

a 1:8 Pocher Rolls, but the price is just too high!!

2 on my grail list are Raccoon Model's 1/48 Paul and Glen!
Warren I currently have 3 of the old Pocher kits in my stash. The black Rolls Royce Town car(?) The red Alfa Romeo Monza race car, and the Mercedes 500K-AK Cabriolet. All are old kits from the 80's and are a huge challenge to build. There is a small company now that makes aftermarket parts for them. There have been some gorgeous builds done over the years using these kits as a starter, but you can plan on spending months to years building one. (which is why mine are still in the box) I have a 4th one that I built back in the early 80s and it is another Alfa Romeo Touring car. The parts fit was horrible. It is stored away. I keep thinking one day I "might" tear it down and rebuild it right, but probably won't ever.

Pocher today is owned by Airfix i think. The model are exceptional and so are the prices.

I cant make my mind up today about these £1000 kits ?
I,m currently doing a group build with my Ferrari 312T and my £90 Tamiya Ferrari is up against £900 MFH Ferraris. To me its a different game, almost a different hobby ? is it really satisfying or an achievement to build one of these super kits bearing in mind most even have an option to be supplied ready painted now ?

I suppose they are aimed at people that get kicks from looking at it on the shelf and not building it.

I would never pay that kind of money for one, I hear they are difficult to build, nothing fits, but I bet it would be an adventure!

They can be made into fantastic models, and there's a whole group of people that collect and modify them!

Here are some links to Pocher Rolls builds, the first one has some of the modified ones built by David Cox on pages 2 & 3. He stretched the chassis and put an Allison V-12 in one

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums...a-big-rolls-royce-version-ii-1-7-2020/page/2/

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums...35-pocher-rolls-royce-phantom-torpedo/page/7/

Just a pipe dream. If I ever came across one for cheap, I'd get it but not at $1000 +

Just a pipe dream. If I ever came across one for cheap, I'd get it but not at $1000 +
Most I ever spent on a kit was the Curtis P6E Hawk that Paul @Heavens Eagle now has. Anytime you're ready Paul, git'er done! I won't do it again. Yeah I've spent that much on kit with aftermarket but one box of resin parts that has mere suggestions of where structural parts go? No thanks.

I suppose its something we should all try and its unfair of me to really comment as i have without having even seen one of these kits.

If some one want to donate a Meng GT40 and a Pocher GT40 i will make a mess of both and report back :)

Put a silly cheap bid in on a Pocher alfa today at an online Auction
Its ready built but i thought i could de construct it and see what all the fuss is about rather than shell out on an unbuilt one for silly money.
See what happens Thursday

Back