• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Matchbox Heinkel He-115 and some other stuff

Excellent work Martin. The water as well as the diorama in general looks very real to me . (y) (y) (y)
Congratulations on such nice work, Christian B)

Thanks a lot! I really enjoyed this one! Thanks again!

Now that's SWEEET,love the water effect's. :woohoo: :eek:hmy: :notworthy

Is that Vallejo water you used mlp?

.Kurt.

@Kurt, I used Crystal Gel made by LUKAS,
This comes in a consistence somewhere between honey and jam - it's acrylic - it is white and dries completely clear. So its quite easy to use for open water and small waves. You only have to keep in mind that it shrinks by about 20%. I never have used the Vallejo one.

On this pic you can see it after the first coat
P1050967_1.jpg

The dio does have three coats

Just a quick addition

it was the GB at Swanny's and that pic (I found it on the web) which enforced me to do this

he115_training_norway.jpg

Martin can you get the stuff at like Hobby Lobby??

B)

as far as I know, we don't have a Hobby Lobby here in Germany and I looked at the LUKAS home page (http://www.lukas.eu/WEB_D/index.html - looks like German only) and they don't list any stores in the US but I found a contact you could ask perhaps:

U.S. direct delivery to multiple customers
contact in the home LUKAS:
Mrs. Ute Hallerbach
Tel: 00 49 211 78 13 22
[email protected]
(translated by me)

I tried to phone her up but nobody was home ....

Let me know if you don't receive an answer on an email, then I try to reach her again.

But on the other hand - from what I've read the Vallejo water gel is probably about similar - here it is a little more expensive but it is sold here at almost any online scale model shop

hope this helps

I know this is an older post but I'm still poking around on here!

Martin, if you're still around, love this diorama! Great job!

Back