• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Mastering a Full Interior for the Tamiya Matilda

Sorry for the loooooong delay, but sorting out the release of the other kits, and dealing with various other issues has put this one on the backburner a bit

All that is done and out of the way now though, and I've managed to finish the masters for the resin parts of the Matilda :)

I won't bother showing all the parts, but here are a couple of highlights of the last parts:
IMG_6535.jpg

IMG_6534.jpg

Unfortunately, this kit will no longer be suitable for building any mark of Matilda. The reason for this is that there would have been a lot of optional parts, increasing the time it would take me to release it, and leading to a higher cost which wouldn't have been right for buyers

I've decided instead to make a BEF Version, a MkIII/IV version and an intermediate version

The first version released will be a straight MkII/IV version to suit the Tamiya kit

There is much less resin in this kit than there is in the Churchill, c40 parts. However, there will be much more etch, as PE was the best solution for more of the Matilda parts. I estimate there will be around 150 etch parts, including come quite large ones, although the etch is not yet finished

Anyway, this is going off to be cast later today, and by the time that's done, the etch should be done

Next time you see this will hopefully be on the 'new kits' pages :laugh:

We cannot wait for that ;) Are you doing the hull side panels as modules or each seperate item attached to the kit sides ?

Jenny :kiss:

It will be seperate items to attach to the tamiya hull sides Jenny. There will be fillers for the sponsons though, and seperate ammunition stowage to go in there. The 2pdr and besa sponson stowage I showed earlier has been discarded in favour of etch frams and cases and newly mastered resin besa tins :)

Have you thought of relesing the seperate Besa tins and 2pounder ammunition as seperate releases for rearming diorama scenes ? These could be sales for those who do not want an interior then . They also do not limit sales to only Matilda modellers then too :)

Jenny

Hi Jenny,

I've thought of doing the besa tins seperately, but resicast and aa already do them, so I probably won't

the gun parts only will be available as a seperate set, and the turret as a set later on

This kit won't have the 2pdr ammo, just the stowage cases for it.

Chris

Re:Mastering a Full Interior for the Tamiya Matild

I'm in the process of starting up a business producing and selling interiors for allied tanks, and British and Commonwealth tanks in particular, called Inside the Armour. The first product is a full interior for the AFV Club Churchill. The master for this is finished and its now being cast ready for sale. It will include lots of resin, styrene, 45+ etched parts and wire for wiring (plus of course the wiring diagrams!)

Good idea!

One idea I'd like to share. I would like to see on the market separate compartments for sale.

For example, if I only require the drivers compartment because I've put figures in the other hatches blocking the view of the interior, I would be able to purchase just that instead of the whole interior which would cost more. Most of the time I can not afford an interior and just leave the compartment empty.

Maybe the whole interior can be sold as separate compartments as well.

Regards
Noel

Very accurate work! I like it!
This resin set parts remind me of tank workshop, am i right?
if i am, than this is a real difficult stuff!
I bought full interior for King Tiger and after watching the resin decided to abandon the model. So you really 'mastering' from my point of view! Good luck man!

Back