• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Marine SBD-1 1/48 Pushing Forward

Marine SBD-1 1/48 Interior Color

And moving right along. Geez this thing seems to be just falling together in the box and I just take the pictures.

Paint on the interior. I do need some touch up but for the most part it looks ok. I may highlight with Chrome Silver just to bring it out a bit more but here it is.

Painted-Interior-1_zpswag7wr27.jpg

And wow is the fit good on this thing so far. This is dry fit only.

Mocking-Up-1_zpsemjtmzfg.jpg

It does not look like it but there is hardly a seam at all. Quite a good fit.

That is it for now.

All comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

Joe

Not an issue at all. For what is seen there will be a minimal amount of detail work done.

Joe

Coming right along Joe ... I think this is the first one you haven't scraped the inside ribs out of it ... looks like it's OOB almost ... :popcorn

Coming right along Joe ... I think this is the first one you haven't scraped the inside ribs out of it ... looks like it's OOB almost ... :popcorn

Actually Gerry, I think this is his 2nd 1. I seem ta recall a P-39? that was purty much oob a few yrs ago...

Marine SBD-1 1/48 Interior Color Change

Just a brief update from me.

After a few comments from folks who know a whole lot more about these than I do and just a bit of research from me, the interior got a different color. Interior Green. I have seen a site that shows a SBD-1 with original paint. It shows Interior Green. So there I go.

Repainted.

Interior-Green_zpssqfvixij.jpg

Added a couple of the interior parts but for the most part just the color change.

All comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

Joe

Without opening up any books, I would have thought that this would be the answer .

Cheers, Christian B)

Neither choice would have been incorrect...I've seen pics of both...so you can't go wrong Joe ;)

Back