• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Maddog Aircraft Manufacturing 2013 Production Line

Thanks MP for the suggestions. I have thought about doing my own decals, but don't know how to size them properly. I'll look into a local train shop and see what I can get.

Okay, I'm a little late in getting things posted, but here's my latest update.

I only got one aircraft I was working on and it got screwed up again. Story of my life! I was painting the details (nose, black in front of cockpit, green on fins, etc.) Of course it was my fault since I got green paint on my thumb and promptly emblazoned my aircraft with a big green thumbprint right on the top like an idiot! So, when I removed it and then shot some more silver over it, this is the result:

WIP_Yak_28_X%7E0.JPG

That has been put away until I find myself willing to pull it out and do the painting all over again from scratch.

I should have some more progress done on some of my other aircraft soon. Stay tuned.

Sorry about your mishap! That really sucks!!! That's one of the reasons I always wear gloves when I paint. Hang in there, I'm sure you can fix it!!! :popcorn

What the hell happened to it?

I don't know. I shot a patch of paint to replace that which was sanded off, and it just wrinkled and cracked all over. Until I can figure out how to keep this from happening; I'm just gonna leave it alone. I hate to have to strip all of it away and start over. Gee, I was so close to getting this done too!

Anyway, here's a short update from this past Hobby Day Friday. I shot some more Alclad on my DC-6 so hopefully it looks good enough for me to try to apply the decals.... finally. No pics of that; it just looks exactly like the previous times I shot Alclad on it.

In between all the armor I was working on; I started an Eduard kit of the L-39 jet aircraft. It's my first Eduard kit I've ever done; so this is an interesting project for me.

I started with the cockpit, and could go no further until I painted the interior and added the instrument panel decals. Here is where I stopped on that:

WIP_L_39_I.jpg

Then I added the air intakes to the sides of the fuselage (no pic of that) and then glued the two halves of the wing together:

WIP_L_39_II.jpg

That's gonna take some work fixing that joint.....

Okay, that's all I got done on my aircraft so far, but I got a lot done on my small scale armor. Feel free to check all of my other work out on the Armoured Fury Forum. Meanwhile, comments are welcome.

Okay, just a small Christmas update for this Christmas Eve. I didn't get too much done, but there is a variety here that I can show.

Not too much done here, but slow progress is being made.

First off is my Cessna 172 floatplane. I got the red stripes on this thing and they have been covered already with a coat of Future. I may add another coat since I have some dry transfers to do over these stripes next:

WIP_Cessna_172_Floatplane_IX.JPG

WIP_Cessna_172_Floatplane_X.JPG

And finally, there is this model I had started way back about two years or more ago. I felt it was time to get it done. This is my R-100 airship I got from the 2007 Nationals and I finally got some of the groundwork done on it. I added the parking lot and the sidewalks to it:

WIP_Lazy_Arse_GB_IIII.JPG

Here's a shot of it with the airship moored:

WIP_Lazy_Arse_GB_V.JPG

The white parts are the sidewalks and I'll be painting them an 'old concrete' color and then add a dark brown wash to them. The lines on the parking lot are going to be painted later; I left them unpainted with the asphalt color so I would remember where to do them. The rest of the bare wood will be covered with green flocking to simulate grass and I'll add some bushes and trees to this as well. Then all I need to do is decal the airship itself and touch up some of the painting and she'll be good to go!

Okay, as I said; a small update for now. Maybe after Christmas when things slow down a little, I'll be able to finish some of these models. I also got some progress done on some armor, feel free to check into the Armored Fury for more. Meanwhile, thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

Hey everyone! Happy New Year!

Here's a small update to close out this factory line for 2013. Not too much got done, but I managed to finish one, and another one I got so fed up with fighting that I'm declaring it done.

Here's what is still in progress as of the end of the year.

I got the sidewalk on around the parking lot washed with a Burnt Sienna wash. Next up is to flock this thing:

WIP_R100_V.JPG

I also fought the ancient decals onto the airship itself. I hadn't any instruction or anything, so I just guessed at where these decals were supposed to go. I found out later when I found the box top how very wrong I was. Oh well, they are on there now and this is where they are staying:

WIP_R100_VI.JPG

WIP_R100_VII.JPG

I also applied the dry transfers to the Cessna floatplane. This revealed to me how badly I suck at applying dry transfers. They look like crap, but until I find waterslide decals in the size and font I need; I'm declaring the thing done and moving on! You can see pics in my finished aircraft thread.

And that closes out my Manufacturing Thread for 2013. It's been a great run, especially when I was building Dora; hopefully 2014 will see me increase my output to it's usual level.

Thanks for the great ride guys, comments are welcome. I look forward to starting up a new 2013 Thread next year!

Sort of a related aside:

There's four (count them) privately owned L39's at our little airport here in New Plymouth. I think that they are 'officially' the fastest aircraft resident in New Zealand 'full stop' - The RNZAF gave-up their 'offensive' capable aircraft some ten years back as a cost saving.

Looking forward to seeing these progress, Mark.

Ian

That is cool to know, thanks Ian! This one here will be done in Iraqi markings I think; it's one of three choices I have. I'm hoping to get more done on it soon.

Back