• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Machinen Krieger Ausf. H

Yeah ! KneadaTite !! I've heard of some of the Guys over here using that. It's starting to become th thing over here. It's hard to find a supplier in America that stocks it though. I've seen it in action & It looks Great to use !! & You've just proved it !! Some say it's better to use than AVES Apoxie Putty ???

Here is some progress pics of the upper side of the canvas-cover, was a little tricky because the new "green stuff" was very sticky :bang head
first i painted inside with black.
P1070327.JPG

then cut a piece of the putty (when working with this putty, cut away the part where the 2 components connect, i forgot it now and had some hard pieces in the putty that was difficult to get rid of :vmad
P1070328.JPG

knead it till it gets all green.
P1070329.JPG

then make a thin "blanket out of it (here you see the hard bits that where stuck in the putty)
P1070330.JPG

then press it to the edges and make it drape over the contours.
P1070331.JPG

P1070332.JPG

Added some styrene channel to the sides to simulate the bolted on fasteners for the canvas.
P1070333.JPG

Not really happy with how it looks but it's still some work to do, and when the putty is dry i can sand it and put some more putty where it's needed.
//Mats

don't know why you're not happy, it looks great! thanks for catching WIP pictures. Truly your scratch building is inspiring. :notworthy

Thanks Bob and Terry :) happy and happy it looks ok, but when you look close there is some small things i would like to fix but that's for later
How is it going with you sci-fi thing MP?
//Mats

Got some work done on the guns for the MK, made the mag for the ammo and some extra armor on the side, also got the dark yellow paint on :D

P1070970.JPG

P1070971.JPG

P1070982.JPG

P1070983.JPG

P1070984.JPG

P1070998.JPG

P1080004.JPG

P1080007.JPG

continueing to paint the canvas cover and the camo now.
//Mats

P1070333.JPG

Not really happy with how it looks but it's still some work to do, and when the putty is dry i can sand it and put some more putty where it's needed.
//Mats

Your not happy with it because you saw every little step in the process and think you can do better- the final product speaks for itself, awesome. I would not try something this drastic as making a tarp out of putty. But now after seeing how you did it, it seems plausible. Great job.

thanks , yes it's coming along fine now, made the masks for the camo just now, after some food i will shoot some green and brown :)
//Mats

Some more work done on the camo, tried out a new pattern.
P1080022.JPG

P1080024.JPG

Mock up of the parts that are painted to see how it's going to look :D
P1080025.JPG

P1080026.JPG

P1080027.JPG

P1080029.JPG

feels good to get this going again :soldier :geek
//Mats

Some progress, put together one of the lower leg and feet, ready for paint
P1080035.JPG

Here with tamiya dark yellow (the chrome is alclad, my first tests)
P1080038.JPG

The gun, painted and camo ready,now need some wash and dust and chipping :fencing
P1080034.JPG

The second leg, the last pe in place and i sprayed a primer on it tonight, let's hope it turned out ok...
P1080037.JPG

:soldier
//Mats

Done some painting, the lower leg has a different pattern.
P1080048.JPG

P1080050.JPG

P1080051.JPG

Just wanted to see how it's gonna look..... :D
P1080052.JPG

Compare size with the T-34 chassi
P1080053.JPG

P1080054.JPG

:soldier
//Mats

I see you have the requisite Smirnoff Liquid Creativity Enhancer on you bench! :eek:hyeah :drinks

Back