• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Macchi C.202 & MC.200 (A 'Buddy Build')

Hi Phil . About the MC.200 it will be a try color for sure .

I was contemplating #2 but #3 looks very awesome . I'm not sure how to proceed with that one :idonno .

I guess I'll know more as the build progresses . 1/48 is not my usual scale .

Cheers, Christian B)

Killer scheme - if I were to tackle that one I would go - all yellow first, then roll small blu tac shapes into rolls, lines, semi circles etc the apply and shape with a toothpick, spray the brown all over, then repeat the blu tac for the brown leaving the previous lot on, then the green.

It would be a pain to do but I think it would work, you may not get the exact finish of that photo guide but would still look ultra cool. :drinks

Hi Phil . About the MC.200 it will be a try color for sure .

I was contemplating #2 but #3 looks very awesome . I'm not sure how to proceed with that one :idonno .

I guess I'll know more as the build progresses . 1/48 is not my usual scale .

Cheers, Christian B)

Killer scheme - if I were to tackle that one I would go - all yellow first, then roll small blu tac shapes into rolls, lines, semi circles etc the apply and shape with a toothpick, spray the brown all over, then repeat the blu tac for the brown leaving the previous lot on, then the green.

Hi Phill,

Believe me , all these thoughts have already run through my mind.

Including maybe having to shoot some enamels as those are a lot easier to control.

The truth is that I probably will not have a clear plan till I get there . For me the models seems to have a will of their .

I hope for an awesome paint scheme though :drinks

Cheers, Christian B)

Just a reminder guys, if you're doing these for ribbons and credit need to get a good startup photo. :mpup

Just a reminder guys, if you're doing these for ribbons and credit need to get a good startup photo. :mpup

[sup] OOOOOOOPSSS ![/sup] :pinch:

MC_200_start_up_001a.jpg

This work ?

Cheers, Christian B)

As soon as I finish wading through my eMails & notices, I'm off to mix & spray some Italian cockpit green and take some piccies....

....Let the games begin :yipee

Ian

.....Wait for me !!

Just spent some time fiddling with the True Details resin cockpit, and guess what.... It fits like a glove :eek:hmy: - Just a couple of passes with the sanding stick and it simply clicked into place. Couldn't believe my luck.

Taken some time to spray all the cockpit components with some 'home-mix' Italian cockpit green. This is all put to one-side now to dry ready for some dry-brushing maybe this evening. I'll take some pics when I've done this.

So far so good !!

Ian

And while the snow was bowing yesterday , I managed to finish the Fiat RC 38 engine .

Not bad for a kit engine, although I made a few things and added ignition and what appears to be the fuel injection system. :blink

Fiat_RC_38_engine_b.jpg

Since I have an engine , I guess I should go build an airframe for it :pilot

Thanks for looking in .

Cheers, Christian B)

Looks good, Chris. My build is 'holding' at the moment, whilst I race through the Italeri Jag and keep working on the Starfighter. As soon as those two are clear, then the Macchi and the Shinden will hit the bench.

Ian

Well, I have no idea about this buddy build thing .

Slow as I am, I have been dragging my feet on this but the dam is about to burst open anyway .

A better picture of the engine and the now finished propeller . Some very nice pieces here for regular model pieces. :)

Well, to be fair I added a few wire and what nots.

MC_200_engine_001a.jpg

Turned to the cockpit...

MC_200_cockpit_011a.jpg

Not nearly as nice as the engine. After spraying the green and looking at some pictures I decided it didn't resemble the real one that much

So, plan "B" . Aftermarket :soldier

MC_200_cockpit_009a~0.jpg

While doing the research, I found it somewhat annoying that some of these cockpits were green while others are green.

After going on the Italian forum, I soon found out that the green is a primmer that was supposed to be over painted gray . That only happened when they had the proper paint and the time . A good many were pushed out like this one appears.

That was the left side.

Now for the right.

Any wire that is not painted black was added . Also , the handles are so small it does not feel any bigger than the usual 1/72 .

MC_200_cockpit___2a.jpg

and the cockpit flooring and seat.

MC_200_cockpit_008a.jpg

MC_200_cockpit_007a.jpg

The harness will have to wait till much latter to be positioned .

This kit is supposed to have the sidewalls glued to the floor but I'm afraid the top would not fit correctly so, some dry fitting and temporary glue first to see how all this fits together .

In the end,I am glad to stay cautious as this is not all drop fit.

The sidewalls had to be shimmed up .060 for the floor to fit . This also kept them from moving while the glue set up.

MC_200_cockpit_014a.jpg

As you can see, the center section is not much more than a gaping hole with a couple pieces of flat plastic.

Not at all like the real thing .

MC_200_cockpit_012a.jpg

I'll start filling it up by building some of the frame work similar to the real thing.

MC_200_cockpit_015a.jpg

Strange how all this was overlooked on the kit. Jaguar made an aftermarket plug that takes care of all this but it's O.P and I couldn't find one.... :soldier Timing is half the story and I seem to always to be a day late for these things.

Thanks for looking. Cheers, Christian B)

Back