• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Macchi C.202 & MC.200 (A 'Buddy Build')

ij001

This choice was a 'no-brainer' for me. Bought this Macchi about five years ago off eBay. The seller said there were a "couple of extras" in the box... I ended-up with a full resin interior, canopy masks, a separate flexible resin seat harness etc, etc.

So here's the obligatory box & references shots

Hopefully it will all come together over the next couple of months. I'll be using 'Sky' decals and Mike Grants' 'Smoke Rings' - Haven't completely settles on the final unit markings yet, but there's plenty of time to make decisions, even after painting !!

AFN, Official date stamp/start-up photos next week.

Ian

Macchi C.202

Hmmmm :hmmm Got my interest . Might have to pitch my newly acquired Mc.200 in the battle :fencing

Cheers, Christian

Macchi C.202

A few new challenges with this project aswell - I've never built a Macchi 202, in fact I've never built an Italian aircraft in Italian colours, never used 'flexible resin'... and I've never been this lucky with an eBay win !!.

Come on Chris, break-out that MC.200, let's do a (sort-of) buddy build :fencing

Ian

Macchi C.202

Go Ian!! way to small for me but i will check in to see your progress on this bird :good:

//Mats

Macchi C.202

Meanwhile back in the sand box :(

MC_200.jpg

This will be my entry. Cheers, Christian B)

Macchi C.202

Well , you have to admit Bob that there's not much that has this much color except for the inter war years.

Besides, having acquired a few models not in the planing, I might as well get that space back by emptying the boxes

Cheers, Christian B)

Just to clarify - Christian & I have been chatting, and decided to do a 'buddy build' for this campaign. He has a couple of things he wants to finish off, then he's ready to go. We'll keep everyone posted...

...so hang-on, and I'll add 'Buddy Build' to the list of 'firsts' I posted a couple of weeks ago when I started the thread. It will be interesting a shed load of fun.... maybe :gogo

Ian (& Christian)

Hi Phil . About the MC.200 it will be a try color for sure .

I was contemplating #2 but #3 looks very awesome . I'm not sure how to proceed with that one :idonno .

I guess I'll know more as the build progresses . 1/48 is not my usual scale .

Cheers, Christian B)

Back