• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Macchi C.200

Thanks Luiz :)

Hello all ! Finally had some time to play today . Did not make as much progress as I had hoped but I made some. :soldier

This plug was not designed for this model, so I've had to do more surgery.

Wheel_well_plumbing_002a.jpg

I think the bay will work with the plug now.

Wheel_well_plumbing_001a.jpg

Trying to get some of the plumbing going some place but I'm having a hard time figuring where all the kit parts go.
I already moved the brackets for the engine mounts so the gear mechanism will fit as it should.

Wheel_well_plumbing_003a.jpg

I made some links for the mount but the plug is off center. Will probably move it next go round

Thanks for looking . Cheer, Christian B)

I would not want to find a leak in all that (y) Digging the detail work! (y)

:popcorn

Sherm you would not want to fing a leek on any radial engine All the accessorie, line ehaust pipes and intake pipes are all back there -----Beyween the engine and the firewall :S

Anyhow, it's almost 1005 done today need to get the wings glued together. Not a good fit but I thing I have it.

Thanks for the kind words Mike

Cheers, Christian B)

The italian little fighter , love it!!!

Great wip! Congrat (y)

Thanks Mike I'm trying to get the wings to glue in the right places tonight with the with the help of some shims.

Hopefully tomorrow I can get them righ and attach them to the fuselage.

There will be some rescribind and removing some oversize plates tomorrow as well.

Thanks for looking in . Cheers,Christian B)

More of your Excellent work Chris . Looking forward to more !!! B)

regards
Joey

Thanks Joey > I appreciate your kindness. Fact of the matter, someone way better than me did all the hard work .

Ia m merely trying to add some bit to it .

If only the wings had a better fit, I would be probably be ready to paint by now :bang head

Cheers, Christian B)

Absalutely sure I saw some more innards there It beeing Chris it might even be brain surgery :D

Sorry for the late reply Dave > Life has been extremely busy as of the last two months.

Brain salad surgery ! Yep, probably . At least if you listened to music of the 70's :rotf

I have been able to steal a few minutes here and there over the weekend , so there has been some progress :)

Even with the previous shimming and fitting , the wing to fuselage joints were problematic .

mc_200_wheel_well_002a.jpg

More shimming and trimming finally got me where I wanted things to be at the trailing edge.

mc_200_wheel_well_006a.jpg

I made the cross bar and ran some wires across the span like the real one.

Could not ever get them to stick with glue , so I had to conjure up some hold down clamps.

mc_200_wheel_well_007a.jpg

The wing to spar meeting place is supposed to be a nice curved sheet metal piece. Instead, I got this large gap :blink

mc_200_wheel_well_003a.jpg

So, the milliput came to the rescue

mc_200_wheel_well_004a.jpg

As you might be able to see, the wing leading edge does not have a good fit either.

mc_200_wheel_well_001a.jpg

Will try to post more after lunch.

Thanks for looking . Cheer, Christian B)

Its ALIVE :popcorn

"I wish to be associated with the comments of the last speaker" - A comment from the British Parliamentary records following a speech by the then Prime Minister, Stanley Baldwin... Can't recall who it's attributed to, but most appropriate for this thread update.

Ian

The fit is giving you a fit huh? :rotf

It's in good hands from the look of it Chris. :zen :popcorn

Absolutely Bob and that's a hard act to try and follow :frantic " the fit giving me a fit.

In case anybody wonders why all those panels were hacked open :hmmm I just could not do the work with them in the way .

Anyhow, made a bit of progress. Panels installed , seams fixed .....Checking my work on panels lines & screw holes.

Macchi_MC_200_003a.jpg

Does not look like much :coolio Still need work on wing seams :unsure:

Cheers, Christian B)

Back