• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Macchi C.200

Did you have a red shirt on or something?? Sure looks pink. Not that there's anything wrong with that..:rotf

Its ALIVE :popcorn

"I wish to be associated with the comments of the last speaker" - A comment from the British Parliamentary records following a speech by the then Prime Minister, Stanley Baldwin... Can't recall who it's attributed to, but most appropriate for this thread update.

Ian

Well Dave, It is alive ! :frantic

I am finally at a point where I have some time to model again :yipee

It seems my mind has had too much time to wander during my non modeling time .

I have decided to do several experimental things with this paint job .

MC_202_paint_001a.jpg

A coat of real primer , various shaded spots .

A light coat of Italian primer green and a brushed on coat of Future.

Thanks for looking . Cheers, Christian B)

Its ALIVE :popcorn

"I wish to be associated with the comments of the last speaker" - A comment from the British Parliamentary records following a speech by the then Prime Minister, Stanley Baldwin... Can't recall who it's attributed to, but most appropriate for this thread update.

Ian

Well Dave, It is alive ! :frantic

I am finally at a point where I have some time to model again :yipee

It seems my mind has had too much time to wander during my non modeling time .

I have decided to do several experimental things with this paint job .

MC_202_paint_001a.jpg

A coat of real primer , various shaded spots .

Thanks for looking . Cheers, Christian B)

:pilot

I certainly love that paint job,Christian!
These several shades makes it a pleasure for the eye. (y) :notworthy

Greetings,Ron.

Thanks Ian , Dave ,Bob and Ron

Don't become too fascinated with the different primer shades as I don't know how thinks will go after the remaining paints are applied over this .

I am hoping that some of it will show through at the end though . :idonno At least it's the idea .

I didn't like the way the brushed on Future came out. Guess there is something about it that was not mentioned in the blogs I read. Other modelers seem to be doing it often though.

Thanks for looking in. Cheers, Christian B)

And in the Macchi hanger, a paint problem has come up

First the culprit

If you look at the name, they got it wrong . My first time using it.

MC_200_paint_003a.jpg

went on great.Polished even better......But, it will not hold that Acrylic paint on it. Contact with tape just pulls it right off.

MC_200_paint_002a_28229.jpg

So, i bushed some future on it this evening to see what it does tomorrow. Maybe I was not supposed to polish it before painting ?

Anyhow, I'll figure something even if I have to strip it

Cheers, Christian B)

Can't work out why you would use Future over your primer ( is that Tamiya grey bottled acrylic?)

then spray the Mr Metal paint on top of that - yes it will lift with tape what ever you do with it.

Maybe I was not supposed to polish it before painting ?

what did you polish?

The trick with this Mr Metal paint Christian is to spray it last.

Your best base would be Tamiya rattlecans, A/S 12 bare metal silver, cause if you do lift some metal paint, you have a nice buffer underneath it.

Testors 1409 metal sealer is the only one I have found that won't dull it severely - if you are after a high shine, but if you are not after a high shine then it's probably better you use another silver.

plus the more coats of the sealer the duller the shine will end up.

Masking over the sealed paint will still give you paint/sealer lift - that's just the way it is.

HTH

Gotta agree with Phil Chris, I think the Future kept your Acrylic from biting into the primer. Maybe if you used a Lacquer over the Future it would have stuck better but knowing what I was dealing with on the Mustang I don't think so. I think smoothing out the Primer would have been ok, the Future is the culprit here me thinks..:hmmm

Can't work out why you would use Future over your primer ( is that Tamiya grey bottled acrylic?)

then spray the Mr Metal paint on top of that - yes it will lift with tape what ever you do with it.

Maybe I was not supposed to polish it before painting ?

what did you polish?

The trick with this Mr Metal paint Christian is to spray it last.

Your best base would be Tamiya rattlecans, A/S 12 bare metal silver, cause if you do lift some metal paint, you have a nice buffer underneath it.

Testors 1409 metal sealer is the only one I have found that won't dull it severely - if you are after a high shine, but if you are not after a high shine then it's probably better you use another silver.

plus the more coats of the sealer the duller the shine will end up.

Masking over the sealed paint will still give you paint/sealer lift - that's just the way it is.

HTH

To answer some of the questions.

1. the idea was to show some metal through the paint chips.

2. the metal paint was buffed to a high shine and sealed with Testor's metalizer sealer.

3. this was meant to be a test of the Mr metal paint ( works great ) and the metal remains on the plastic.

4. the Acrylic was sprayer on said sealer.

5. I have never experienced Acrylic paint to turn loose from a coat of Future. Other than spaying onto Tamiya (can ) I generally spray a coat of Future between different colors of Acrylic.

Cheers, Christian B)

You got the Metal Sealer then Future and Acrylic color? Maybe the Future didn't stick to the metal sealer?

You got the Metal Sealer then Future and Acrylic color? Maybe the Future didn't stick to the metal sealer?

Actually , since I was doing this in section and the silver was the last, I thing I just sealed it with Tetor metalizer sealer. Forgot the Future.

Tell you guys my opinion. I think Future works as good as primmer. Just hard to see over bare plastic ( silver too ).

Cheers, Christian B)

Back