• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Macchi C.200

Hello all ! Finally able to get away from that 109 and get back to the Macchi :rotf

Decided to paint the tactical markings rather than using the kit decals

C_200_tactical_001a.jpg

So, here we are . The last 2014 update :pilot

Happy new year everyone :drinks

Cheers, Christian B)

Well, today I had some dead time, so I picked up a test mule and shot some olive green .

c_200_test_mule.jpg

Follow by some light tan but it turned out looking more like gray . Need to work on the shade

Cheers, Christian B)

Well, today I had some dead time, so I picked up a test mule and shot some olive green .

c_200_test_mule.jpg

Follow by some light tan but it turned out looking more like gray . Need to work on the shade

Cheers, Christian B)

I wonder Chris, if you did the tan first on top of a white base and then do the green, how would it turn out?

Well, I thought about that long and hard before I started and concluded that spraying the stripes was easier than making the spots. ( now the plane is already green )

I'm afraid I was still using enamels as a frame of reference though . They are not translucent.

I think we'll be ok. I'll just mix some paints. There seems to have been a good deal of variations in their sandy colors anyhow.

Besides, we have no old Italians in the club ( yet ) :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Bob, I was not dismissing your idea . It would have been somewhat closer but it needed some yellow anyway.

So, there's a couple test sprays at different viscosities .

c_200_test_mule_2_001a.jpg

That's a lot closer :)

Cheers, Christian B)

Thank you Dave I hope I can do as well on the real subject .

This used to be easier with enamels but we'll see. It seems to get trickier the more you sprays.

Cheers, Christian B)

Meanwhile back in the sandbox, I've had some painting sessions over the last couple of days .

c_200_paint_003a.jpg

c_200_paint_004a.jpg

Believe it or not I had a hard time adjusting my brain to paint in a larger scale .

c_200_paint_005a.jpg

I'm thinking these Italian painters must have lived an interesting life :frantic

Thanks for looking in . Hope you like it .

Cheers, Christian B)

Thats a hard cam to paint and I think you pulled it off to perfection. Very nice Chris (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

That's just superb, Chris. Did you spend any time over at Stormo ?? - Great resource for all things 'Italian'.

Ian.

That's just superb, Chris. Did you spend any time over at Stormo ?? - Great resource for all things 'Italian'.

Ian.

Thanks Ian but no, I did not . I had lots that Webb site during one of my computer hick ups :blush: and forgot all about it.

I just went with some of the info I had but looking at some of the color chips they displayed, I might have gotten the darb brown wrong . :S Oh well, I like it the way it is, so I won't change anything. :drinks

Thanks for pointing me back to the Webb site though :good:

Cheers, Christian B)

Thats a hard cam to paint and I think you pulled it off to perfection. Very nice Chris (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Thanks James . Been wanting to do a C.200 for a long time now .

Barney providing me with such a bargain in 1/48 certainly pushed me over the edge .

Perhaps I'll run across a C.205 which is ( in my mind ) an even more delightful aircraft/paint scheme.

Of course by now you have probably discovered I have a weak spot for Italian even over German paint work.

Cheers, Christian B)

All that good Italian wine. How much did you have doing this?

It's a Masterpiece Chris :notworthy

Actually none Bob. I probably should have.

I have never developed a taste for Italian Red wines. A real shame since the aircrews used it for bribes when they flew in.

I'm a German white wine type which is in a totally different solar system altogether. Makes me think in grays though :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Back