• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Macchi C.200

I seemed to have missed most of this until now, an interesting adventure including a dissection early on, reminded me of biology class in high school, great job on the paint work (y) (y) can I send my Italian builds to you for painting ?

I seemed to have missed most of this until now, an interesting adventure including a dissection early on, reminded me of biology class in high school, great job on the paint work (y) (y) can I send my Italian builds to you for painting ?

I could do it :drinks

Going to look for a PV-1 at the show Saturday :blink

Cheers, Christian B)

You're going to have to tell me how you get that straight mask around the complex curve for that white band. I can NEVER get it right.

:popcorn

Kind of like the landing gear Bob . Just have to eyeball it till it looks right.

The splinters on the Clog were even harder . Just eyeball it till it looks good :good:

Cheers, Christian B)

Hope you feel better Chris. She looks gorgeous by the way. Really nicely done (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Thanks guys (y) Better but not yet 100 %

I believe that was the first case of flu I have ever had :sick: Even after taking the shot :bang head

Now I have two painted birds drying in the cabinet :frantic What to do, what to do ?

Cheers , Christian B)

I was starting to think my vision was going bad as I could not seem to focus on anything on the work bench :blink

Finally figured out my light was at the end of it's useful life and after some searching it was replaced :frantic

A quick update as I am running out of time on this build.

C_200_assembly_001a.jpg

A good many items have been built and installed . Just fitted the engine and the prop a few moments ago :good:

More this weekend . Cheers, Christian B)

Oh Man! Looks great Chris. I got one lighting suggestion, go with LED Retrofit. I did it in the shop with the florescent bulbs and in the Kitchen with the overhead light. Really makes a difference.

I could see WIF builds of these things at Reno :pilot

Lovely paintwork there Christian (y)

moon puppy wrote:
You're going to have to tell me how you get that straight mask around the complex curve for that white band. I can NEVER get it right.

Bob, try a 5mm wide or more strip of Tamiya masking tape and put equal length or near enough slices in one side of the tape, this makes it much easier to get straight lines around curves. :drinks

Well, I'm running out of time :(

All the parts are on and painted. Calling it done.

C_200_finished_001a.jpg

C_200_finished_002a.jpg

C_200_finished_003a.jpg

C_200_finished_004a.jpg

Thank you to all that followed this build and posted on the thread.

Cheers, Christian B)

Back