• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ma.K. Melusine - finished!

wds

Ma.K. Maschinen Kreiger. 1/20 scale .Melusine Panzer Kampf Anzug Ausf M (Series 22) by Wave corporation.
And there was even more "stuff" on the box. But for Pete sake......

While the glue and surfacer is drying on the Mark IV, I thought that I would give this a go.

See ya,

Bill

IMG_4065.jpg

mak3.jpg

IMG_4066.jpg

IMG_4068.jpg

IMG_4070.jpg

Ma.K. Melusine

:huh:

Now that's something you don't see around these parts too often. :popcorn

Ma.K. Melusine

Cool! have been looking at these kits a couple of times now, just need to find one in 1/35 :)

Interesting to see what you do with this one, a lot of camo and wheathering options :popcorn

Greetings Mats

Ma.K. Melusine

Thanks everyone, and sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Thanks, Strangeways! Welcome to the forum! I like your avatar. Herge/Tin Tin are favoite of mine as well. Cheers.
Thanks, Bob! Keep up the great work!
Thanks, Bagge!
Thanks, Luiz! I hope that I won't disappoint.
Thanks to the emoji bangers!

My first try at Alclad.
I have had this bottle sitting around for a couple of years now, and I thought that I would give it a try. I thought it was "chrome" but it turned out it was "aluminum". I decided it didn't matter and charged ahead. (It's all made up and in my head anyway). From what I have read, you should undercoat with gloss black lacquer. I just used some rattle can gloss black lac. from Home Depo. I think it serve it's purpose in good form. I tested it on my donor vehicle (highly recommended) just to be safe. (Don't throw out those old models!)

So it's gun and "Go-pros". The cameras had their weak styrene stems removed and replaced with some robust music wire to thwart my inevitable ham-handed damage. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for looking and for your patience.

Cheers,

Bill

h6dd6c39.JPG

h4cabc13.JPG

Ma.K. Melusine

If you want it shiny, lower the air pressure and mist very light coats. You can vary the effects with the same paint. Be careful because there's a fine line between just right and too much that looks like silver paint.

Looks good. (y)

Ma.K. Melusine

Bill only the High Shine line of Alclads require a gloss black base. Looks good. :popcorn

Ma.K. Melusine

Bill only the High Shine line of Alclads require a gloss black base. Looks good. :popcorn

Not necessarily so, Grasshopper. Aluminum Alclad looks different over a glossy base than a flat, so do most of the colors.

Carry on, Bill. Looks good. :good:

Ma.K. Melusine

Thanks, Guys for the interest and taking the time to comment.

Preliminary paint and and a future coat for decals. :idonno

Thanks for looking,

Cheers!

Bill

IMG_4174.jpg

IMG_4172.jpg

Back