• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ma.K Grosser Hund

There are lots of Bits to be put on yet, that paint job is very good, I really enjoy Your builds ... Carry on :soldier :drinks (y)

Thanks guys for the mice words!

Is there a better way to start Sunday than with a good coffee and a session of mottling? :)

In keeping with the Wehrmacht colors, this is RLM 82 (Gunze)

I like it Michel, ... :popcorn ... I can think of a better Way to start the Morning, but Your doing a bang up Job ... :popcorn

Thank you all, glad you like it! :drinks

MP, you can say that again! And doing it on curved surfaces is about 10 times worse! :eek:hmy:

M

Post-shading of the crosses:

Painting of the details. I used Vallejos, Vallejo Air metalics and inks in places as well as graphite powder for some of the metallic finishes.

M

Time for the decals. That round emblem on the convex surface took quite some sweet talking to get it to conform. I used Daco Strong as a decal softener. Worked well but one has to be careful. It should be swished over the decal with a brush rather than left to soak as it will melt the paint around the decal right down to the primer. Don't ask me how I know... :D

What's a decaling session without creating some custom decals, eh? B) Here's how to make a red placard with white lettering and a metallic border. Apply red square onto piece of aluminum tape (first primed with transparent metal primer). Then apply white lettering onto red square. The lettering came from the kit's stencils, which Haseg furnishes in both black and white, a nice touch.

Cut out the placard slightly larger than the red square and, voila!

Once all the decals were in place I inflicted some damage, as usual, with a hobby knife.

Last but not least, all decals were post-shaded with the base color to fade them and integrate them with the model.

M

Excellent work. First thing i was going to say is something about that decal on a complex curve like that, you made it look like it's painted on. :notworthy

Back