• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ma.K Grosser Hund

MichelC

Just got it in the mail 2 days ago. It's gonna be part of the same Ma.K project as my Falke but I may as well geek up and enter it as a separate build here.

Mentioned before how much I/we enjoyed building the STAP & Droid for this campaign, and that I'd like to have a go at more Sci Fi subjects. I know there's 'Colonial Tanks' and 'Mechs' out there, but I'm really finding it difficult to get my paws on them (even through eBay).

So seeing this build makes me very jealous... partly because I know Michel from the What If site and his skills are simply outstanding and partly because he's found something that I'd like to have-a-go-at... actually that mech suit guy in the background of the pic looks very cool aswell !!

:popcorn Ready when you are, Michel....

Ian.

Thank you guys for the welcome! :drinks

Ian, thanks for the kind words. You're SW build looks pretty awesome! I know you had some serious help but still... I never was a SW fan but in recent times I've become more and more attracted. Must be due to all the awesome SW models I see around (it's definitely not because of the upcoming movie buzz, LOL). But back to Ma.K, SciFi for real men! If you want Ma.K kits the best place to go is Japan, starting with HLJ. This here Grosser Hund was rather hard to come by, even HLJ was out of stock and I had to fall back on Ebay. The seller was out of...you guessed...Japan. Anyway, if you want to get a SAFS (Super Armored Fighting Suit) check first on HLJ and then Ebay if that fails. You should be able to find what you wish.

M

A look into the box:

At close to 200 parts, this is not a small kit. Many sprues, as you can see, in dark gray and dark brown plastic.

This is a well engineered kit and has positionable parts with articulation of the ball-and-socket type. The sockets a cleverly molded is a slightly soft plastic allowing for a joint that is both smooth and tight.

The sprue with the hoses is made of plastic that is even softer and extremely flexible as you can see on the pic.

Also included are 2 cables in soft plastic. With all these different materials this is almost a real multi-media kit!

The size of the instructions sheet gives a good idea as to the kit's complexity. There's as much worth of instructions on the flip side.

The usual Haseg Ma.K color card is also included.

The decal sheet is bigger than I expected, as big as the Falke's.

Despite its complexity I expect this to be a rather fast built as I do not intend to scratch or add anything, strictly OOB.

M

Thank you all!

Dave, yes the kit is from Hasegawa.

The build is moving along (pix soon). The quality is amazing, from the pouring gates, which are molded in such a way that zero clean up is needed, to the clear and well thought out instructions sheet. Pure joy! (y)

M

Thank you all!

Dave, yes the kit is from Hasegawa.

The build is moving along (pix soon). The quality is amazing, from the pouring gates, which are molded in such a way that zero clean up is needed, to the clear and well thought out instructions sheet. Pure joy! (y)

M

:huh: B) :good:

Warren, Swordsman, thanks!

First steps!

The fit and engineering is so good there's not a drop of glue on the legs you see here and no tape to keep it together either, just snap-fit.

Extent of motion can be seen here:

M

Back