• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M4A4 Firefly Lebanese Army

Sherman 18

Master at Arms
Well here it is, my biggest worry now is not to mess up the rest of it during the repair. :unsure:

A big thanks to AgentG for supplying the A2 engine deck.

Firefly01_zpse7666d37.jpg

Firefly012_zps3c10b1d7.jpg

Firefly013_zps5f56cbc6.jpg

I'll start drilling tonight or in the morning :eek:hyeah

Thanks guys.

Well since I sacrificed the TYPE 87 to the plastic God last month :D This and my other builds should go smooth.

Fired up the drill this morning. I went down the middle as to push the old engine deck into the hull and hope I would not damage the rest of it to much.

M4A4Firefly_zpsd404cd6f.jpg

M4A4Firefly2_zps714659e6.jpg

M4A4Firefly3_zps84e496fb.jpg

I ended up having to drill along the upper edge, as the DML A4 engine deck has a lip that goes under the upper hull by the turret ring.
M4A4Firefly4_zps6fedf222.jpg

M4A4Firefly5_zpsab5df18d.jpg

I test fit the A2 deck, with a little more filing it will fit nice and tight.
M4A4Firefly7_zps5becbd52.jpg

Well I just might be painting by tonight.

Thanks guys.

Real close on the paint

Firefly4_zpsaab6e674.jpg

Firefly42_zps3998e495.jpg

I'm not sure what was done to the access panels on the bottom, I'm not going to worry about, just weather it hard.

Firefly43_zpsca3f0ff1.jpg

Well hacked up the new deck need to make access doors instead of the A2 plate panel. (Yeah still got it wrong! :pp ) Working on making it the final engine deck used on these Fireflys.

Firefly_zps54332937.jpg

If you email me your postal address, I can send photocopies of the article with dimensioned sketches.

Regards,

Back