• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M4A1 SHERMAN "WIND HER UP AND LET'S ROLL"

M4A1 SHERMAN"DEVIL'S IN THE DETAILS"

Wonderful attention to detail, Terry.

Is there any chance you could put together a wee tutorial or step-by-step on the .50cal. Speaking purely selfishly, that's one of the areas that lets my AFV modelling down, When I add a machine gun it always looks 'awkward' need some help getting better detail and sit.

Thanks

Ian

I'll see what I can do.

Thanks

Terry

Ok this Sherman is wrapping up one the last things to be added to the basic tank is the "MaDuce". I spruced up the kit 50 cal. with some wire and parts from the Mk1 Designs PE set.

DSC00512.JPG

DSC00513.JPG

DSC00514.JPG

Here's what she looks like after painting.

DSC00515.JPG

DSC00516.JPG

DSC00517.JPG

DSC00518.JPG

The basic tank is pretty much complete. Here are some images before I begin to add the stowage and the commander figure.

DSC00519.JPG

DSC00520.JPG

DSC00521.JPG

DSC00522.JPG

Next up the stowage. Comments and questions are always welcome!

Terry
Like always awesome work Terry :popcorn

Thanks Dave!

Oh I was reminded yesterday that my "Deuce" didn't have the trigger so........

DSC00529.JPG

Last night I began to gather up some stowage for the Sherman and did some test fitting.

DSC00523.JPG

DSC00524.JPG

DSC00525.JPG

I think I have found the figure I'm gonna use. A rather irrate TC who is yelling and pointing his finger as if to say "GET THOSE DAMN GOATS OFF THE ROAD!" (That was for Chef). Add some goggels, radio equipment and "BAM" there's your TC.

DSC00531.JPG

Thanks for following along and comments are welcome.

Terry

M4A1 SHERMAN"PACKING UP"

Terry, if you want my little friends off the road you'll have to tie a few of the darlings to your tank, now that's some stowage I'd like to see you do :laugh:

M4A1 SHERMAN"PACKING UP"

Here is some stowage placed and painted. Things are still fluid, but beginning to take shape. Comments and suggestions are welcome.

Terry

DSC00534.JPG

DSC00535.JPG

DSC00536.JPG

DSC00538.JPG

DSC00539.JPG

DSC00540.JPG

DSC00541.JPG

M4A1 SHERMAN"PACKING UP"

I like your wood color on the boxes. What paint is it?

Are you planning on leaving the ammo crate on the turret? I'm not sure about the lid be on that if that is where it stays. (Kinda hard to use the 50 from the back of the turret)

Just digging the rest of it. (y)

M4A1 SHERMAN"PACKING UP"

I like your wood color on the boxes. What paint is it?

Are you planning on leaving the ammo crate on the turret? I'm not sure about the lid be on that if that is where it stays. (Kinda hard to use the 50 from the back of the turret)

Just digging the rest of it. (y)

Well the box may be going someplace else. It's not just paint. There three different shades of dart yellow on that box with a red brown oil wash.

Thanks

M4A1 SHERMAN"PACKING UP"

I did a little re-arranging.

DSC00544.JPG

DSC00545.JPG

I liked the way you had the board across the back of the turret, your wood painting looks great (y)

But shoot, it's all looking good no matter what direction you go. :soldier

:popcorn

M4A1 SHERMAN"PACKING UP"

That looks more natural, the pack on the crate defied gravity. By the time you get it all tied down, this will be extra swell! (y)

Back