• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M4A1 SHERMAN "WIND HER UP AND LET'S ROLL"

M4A1 SHERMAN"PACKING UP"

Love that stowage the painting looks awsesome,...

Love the bucket but cant help thinking it wouldnt be there for long if hung on side ?

Anyway stop mucking about and get another campaign done you have not enough ribbons

M4A1 SHERMAN"PACKING UP"

Love that stowage the painting looks awsesome,...

Love the bucket but cant help thinking it wouldnt be there for long if hung on side ?

Anyway stop mucking about and get another campaign done you have not enough ribbons

Ok Andy I'm back to work. :laugh:

Thanks

B)

M4A1 SHERMAN"PACKING UP"

I really like the natural sit and colors of the stowage.

Don't think I am 'picking' on you. ;-)

Please address the mattock head which would be mounted to the handle with the wood visible at top:

Click the image to see more...

Regards,

M4A1 SHERMAN"PACKING UP"

Thanks Saul!

Rust would indicate non use and no maintenance. Dirt maybe. Shinny for sure, but rust....eh

Terry B)

M4A1 SHERMAN"PACKING UP"

Went to work on the TC. I added goggles, helmet ear pieces, and chine strap. Next I am trying my hand at sculpting some tanker coveralls.

Terry

DSC00559.JPG

DSC00560.JPG

DSC00561.JPG

DSC00562.JPG

M4A1 SHERMAN"PACKING UP"

Rust would indicate non use and no maintenance. Dirt maybe. Shinny for sure, but rust....eh

Actually, I wanted to show that the mounting hole goes all the way through and wood from the handle would be seen.

ha711c7f.jpg

That figure looks really good! Do you recall which brand?

This last photo is for Dave, I met a friend yesterday...

h4184ccb.jpg

Regards,

M4A1 SHERMAN"PACKING UP"

Let's paint the figure.

First I painted the whole thing black green.

DSC00564.JPG

Started adding various shades of olive drab with different shades for the shirt and the coveralls.

DSC00565.JPG

DSC00566.JPG

Added the flesh tones. Base coat is Tamiya flesh with different shades of oil paints.

DSC00568.JPG

finished face.

DSC00570.JPG

Finished figure in the turret.

DSC00581.JPG

Questions and comments are welcome.

Terry B)

M4A1 SHERMAN"PACKING UP"

With the figure done I'm calling this Sherman project done. Thanks for following along.

Terry :D

DSC00571.JPG

DSC00572.JPG

DSC00573.JPG

DSC00574.JPG

DSC00575.JPG

DSC00576.JPG

DSC00577.JPG

DSC00578.JPG

DSC00579.JPG

DSC00580.JPG

DSC00583.JPG