• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Looks Like Price Increases Are Starting

RichB

Eduard sent an e-mail out saying current prices are valid on the e-shop thru 26 Dec. After that they will begin raising their prices. They also indicated prices in CZK and EURO will be going up for distributors and wholesalers. No change to USD prices.

Hannants sent out an e-mail earlier this week saying Eduard kits will be going up by approx. 16% in the New Year and Aires by as much as 35%.

Cheers,
Rich

I think I've done my part already this year. Have avoided the renewed Wingnuts feeding frenzy but do have a large Spitfire coming. Its somewhere between there and here. You have to have tracking for international shipping but most times Royal Mail and Canada Post tracking systems don't play well with each other. Once it leaves Heathrow until it magically appears at your door it could be anywhere.

Rick

I don't know where you guys shop, but model prices have been on the rise for at least 2 years. It's INSANE what some kits sell for anymore.

Yeah I jumped on the WNW feeding frenzy with Andy's. Got a few more from Sprue Bros. Other than that I have been pretty good about my spending this year. Only gotten the stuff I was really wanting for a while. Since it is too cold to work in the Garage I will probably box up the Goodwill stuff and go start cleaning up the hobby room so I can get back at it. Maybe I will even "finish" something by 12-31.

20221222_182942.jpg
Guess how old this is? If you don't build anything, why do prices matter now?:lol:

As a brick and mortar hobby store owner it is difficult to know what to do. I buy wholesale with a 40% (sometimes43%, woo hoo!) plus shipping, so my margin is small already. I can't even get Eduard stuff without buying direct from them, and you have to buy a lot. I will keep at it though because I enjoy it and don't depend on it to make a living, thank goodness.

As a brick and mortar hobby store owner it is difficult to know what to do. I buy wholesale with a 40% (sometimes43%, woo hoo!) plus shipping, so my margin is small already. I can't even get Eduard stuff without buying direct from them, and you have to buy a lot. I will keep at it though because I enjoy it and don't depend on it to make a living, thank goodness.
Tell us more about your hobby shop!

Hobby Lobby is annoying in that, when they give a 40% discount, they are basically selling them to you at wholesale without the shipping cost LOL. I am glad we live in the boonies and the closest Hobby Lobby is an hours drive away!

Well That's just cool! Good strategy on your signage. It keeps some smart aleck from painting an "F" in front of your "Artfull"
Does the "Last Train" stop at the Artfull Barn? :lol:
Find any Hob Lob employee that knows much about anything in their store and I'll give you an Oreo!

Well That's just cool! Good strategy on your signage. It keeps some smart aleck from painting an "F" in front of your "Artfull"
Does the "Last Train" stop at the Artfull Barn? :lol:
Find any Hob Lob employee that knows much about anything in their store and I'll give you an Oreo!
That has totally happened before LOL. The Fart-Full Barn, which at times, it can be.

I would love to "support the economy" but that takes money. If you don't make any, you can't support anything!

Greg, I love the Hobby Shop. I'll have to look closer to see what you have in tools. Do you mail order? If I can get any more money, I will check and see what I can get from your tool and paint selection if you do.

I would love to "support the economy" but that takes money. If you don't make any, you can't support anything!

Greg, I love the Hobby Shop. I'll have to look closer to see what you have in tools. Do you mail order? If I can get any more money, I will check and see what I can get from your tool and paint selection if you do.
I will do my best to treat you right. I will take a closer shot of the tool area tomorrow! I need to place an order for tools soon. I use 2 suppliers, MMD Squadron and Hobbytyme.

Back