• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Looking for a 32nd scale Fw-190F-8

jknaus

Administrator
I'm looking for a FW 190 F8. Does anyone know which is better, the Revell or the Hasegawa kit. It has to be 1/32 scale.
Thanks
James

Hasegawa as both Trumpeter's and Dragon's are too far off in the future. Why not the new Ta-152 from the Japanese maker? Supposedly, it is sublime.

Regards,

Hasegawa as both Trumpeter's and Dragon's are too far off in the future. Why not the new Ta-152 from the Japanese maker? Supposedly, it is sublime.

Regards,

I have a conversion coming to make a Mistel 2, Red 12 with White 6 piggybacking. So looking around. Not in a rush yet, but for a future project. Already built one in 1/48 that the cat killed. Next one will be 1/32

Once the dust settle, I am definitely getting the new Ta 152. It looks awesome.
James

James , ... in the future ,.... 1/32 scale should be big enough to work on to convert a cheaper Revell kit into a trainer ???

Go for it ..........

3rd-armored-62.jpg

3rd-armored-61.jpg

3rd-armored-56.jpg

Thanks Glenn. Those things are just plane fuggly. One day I might have to take you up on it though. Cool pics btw (y)
James

I have a conversion coming to make a Mistel 2, Red 12 with White 6 piggybacking.

Did you know the Hasegawa A-8 kit includes parts to make an F-8? You may need the blown canopy (aftermarket). This is fro Ian Robertson's build on Hyperscale:

Hasegawa released a 1/32 Fw.190 F-8 based on their popular new-tool Fw.190A-8 kit. Differences from the A-8 kit include the blown hood (plus a standard flat hood), proper underwing panels for the F-8, underwing bombs, and a resin SC250 centerline bomb. Note that an F-8 can also be made using an A-8 kit and the extra parts supplied in Hasegawa’s Fw.190 D-9 “Rudel” kit. The only part lacking is the resin centerline bomb.

This may be a cheaper alternative if you have, or plan to get, the Hasegawa Fw-190 Rudel kit.

I also changed the title to include the subject of your search. I normally do not look at vague leading titles but this one, being from you, is an exception.

Regards,

Thanks Saul. I was wondering about going the A-8 route, just the canopy being the problem. As I piece together my plans I have also been wondering about a Bf 109. Dont usually see people model that combo. I found some Fw 190s on ebay where the F-8 by Revel is half that of Hasegawa. I just dont know if it will be more of a hassle.

I'll try and make my headings more specific, think I was in a hurry when I posted. Your right though, they are less of an attention grabber.

Thanks
James

I thought you were looking for a... Churchill part D8. :huh: SO I needed to make sure and clicked on the topic.

Regards,

Back