• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Logistics, The Rolling Stock Completed April 18th, 2020

Logistics, The Rolling Stock Update May 20th, 2013

Man that's a lot of yellow! :popcorn

Yeah, it will take a hell of a lot of raw umber wash, including the locomotive and tender. A lot! Honestly, weathering all that rolling stock I am not exactly looking forward to as even afterwards, there is a hell of a lot of detailing as well.

Dad

(y) ... A plenty of weathering :frantic ... :popcorn

Luiz

You got that right Luiz!

Bob

Logistics, The Rolling Stock

Just a short note!

Since I haven't posted anything new on here since May of 2015, I thought I'd do something different as a change off. I do get tired of figures and vehicles from time to time, so...... my next post will be the BR-52 Locomotive and coal tender. Remember that one? I base coated it back in 2009, the paint is nearly nine years old!

Think it can stand up to the rectified turpentine yet?

Hell, it could probably take on some sulfuric acid!

I'll start on it Monday! Here's where i left off!

BR-52c.jpg

Bob

Logistics, The Rolling Stock Update Feb. 23, 2018

I love that kit. I had visions of going PE wild with the full Voyager kit then got scared and put it away.

I love that kit. I had visions of going PE wild with the full Voyager kit then got scared and put it away.

Thanks Jeff!

I have the complete Voyager PE sets on both the BR-52 as well as for the K-5E Rail Gun that will be hooked up to the locomotive. I felt there was too much detail on this to build completely and then try to weather. Those fragile PE parts get damaged too easily so, after I give the entire locomotive and tender a raw umber wash, then I'll begin adding the tiny details and PE.

Not sure how long at this stage, but I think this one will take some time! As I have visioned the Train canopy layout, the locomotive and Tender will have very little damage whereas the Rail gun will have the canopy collapsed onto it, and it will create a dramatic vignette, if you can call a rail gun a vignette!.

Bob

Is this the Trumpeter kit?

Hey Dave,

You guessed it! It's actually my second Locomotive on this diorama. The first was a resin kit. When I saw the Trumpeter kit sprues, I realized the resin kit was at least 50% over scale!

Bob

A Man might stand in at least 5 different places just quietly, absorb the action and the story being told by such a masterwork. He might miss a meal doing so.
I lack the ability to comprehend your vision. All the stuff running around in your Head to bring such a thing to fruition.
I am NOT alone.

Awesome Bob!

A Man might stand in at least 5 different places just quietly, absorb the action and the story being told by such a masterwork. He might miss a meal doing so.
I lack the ability to comprehend your vision. All the stuff running around in your Head to bring such a thing to fruition.
I am NOT alone.

Awesome Bob!

Wow! This was some compliment! The primary aspect of building one of these is to be a bit off in the head, or so my wife tells me!

Thank you Sir, I appreciate that! Mostly, it is a ton of work!

Bob

I totally agree with what Rhino said. i bow in the presence of greatness! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

This looks like the same locomotive that one of our local modelers installed a truck load of rivets on . Wired the lights and a fire in the fire box and it did not even place..... :(

An incredible lot of work . Good luck Mr Bob.

Cheers, Christian B)

This looks like the same locomotive that one of our local modelers installed a truck load of rivets on . Wired the lights and a fire in the fire box and it did not even place..... :(

An incredible lot of work . Good luck Mr Bob.

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Christian!

Whoa! Where was he competing? At World Expo? I've never been a rivet counter, so you won't see that from me! I can admire those that go that far but sometimes that can be a bad thing. I've known a lot of guys with AMS. Advanced Modeler's Syndrome. They get so obsessed with microscopic details, they no longer enjoy building anything. I feel sorry for those guys, they truly can't see the forest for the trees!

I just plod along doing what i like to do and hoping everybody enjoys looking at it as much as i enjoy building it!

Bob

Well, here's what I have been doing with the locomotive. I've only worked on the cabin so far. I will wait to weather and dirty it up when I do the outside as it will save time. The kit doesn't give you much detail at all, so I had to add a lot. It seems like a shame because when the locomotive is finished and on the diorama you will only be able to see all this through a door and a single window on the right side of the locomotive.

I'll start with what you get in the kit. This is the built and painted cabin with every single part that comes with the kit.

gg~10.JPG

Now, here is a photo of the real cabin of the BR-52.

g~9.JPG

So, I built what was in the kit and began detailing. First, I added data plates and the left and right Wasserstandsanzeigers, (The vertical things with the diagonal stripes, from scratch. The zug fur dampheife and the zusatzbremse. (The gadgets near the right window just above the large red wheel). I prepared the floor for the wood technique by giving it a acrylic flesh coat.

00~16.JPG

A closer look.

0~11.JPG

Then the cabin prior to weathering and dirtying.

000~12.JPG

Another angle.

0000~12.JPG

And the other side.

00000~9.JPG

Till next update!

Bob

Logistics, The Rolling Stock Update Mar. 19, 2018

May not be able to see it but like Dave said...Damn! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Logistics, The Rolling Stock Update Mar. 19, 2018

Fantastic as it looks now, I bet it will look jaw dropping when weathered and dirtied.

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Laurence

Back