• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Logistics, The Figures Updated Feb 8th, 2021

Logistics, The Figures Updated October 17th, 2017

I've been working on both figures and vehicles lately. I am bringing up the total of figures to 435. I still have three boxes of Miniart figures to build to reach that total. Here are some I just built. None of these posted are finished, all in progress. These are MPs, I have another two boxes of these. The reason is all the brass that will be in the diorama, both American and British, as well as a couple of high ranking German officers who will be questioned by the American officers. I think MPs would have been everywhere considering.

g~4.JPG

These three are for the M4A3E2 Jumbo that i finished some time ago, but felt I needed additional tank riders to bring it up to par with the last two Shermans.

gggg~1.JPG

Three more 101st Airborne troopers to add to the marching column.

gg~4.JPG

Another crew and riders for one of the Shermans.

ggggg~1.JPG

Finally, I thought I'd show you how I work. I straighten up my modeling desk about once a month, but, after only a couple of days, it always looks like this. I end up working most of the time in an area of about 6 square inches!. Silly? Yep, but I'm too old for new tricks these days!

0g~1.JPG

Bob

:ro: :soldier

Logistics, The Figures Updated November 11th, 2017

Bob, magnificent work on those figures; not that you need me to say it. I am overhelmed and excited watching this come together.

And that workbench pic? That is still cleaner than mine right now! I had to set up a folding table in front of mine because I ran out of room to work on the actual workbench!

Rock on Bob!

The scope of such a project boggles my mind! Absolutely Outstanding! :good: :salute

Bob, magnificent work on those figures; not that you need me to say it. I am overhelmed and excited watching this come together.

And that workbench pic? That is still cleaner than mine right now! I had to set up a folding table in front of mine because I ran out of room to work on the actual workbench!

Rock on Bob!

Thanks Duke,

I'm cleaning up m,y bench yesterday and today. It looks so clean I don't want to mess it up! :yipee

Bob

The scope of such a project boggles my mind! Absolutely Outstanding! :good: :salute

Thanks,

Now if I can only finish it! I swear it seems like I have been working on this diorama all my life at times!

Bob

:popcorn
Nice update on the figures Bob - after watching the Utube videos you did for squadron that SA Dave posted, I am really appreciating the level of commitment on this one.
looking forward to the next update.

Ian.

:popcorn
Nice update on the figures Bob - after watching the Utube videos you did for squadron that SA Dave posted, I am really appreciating the level of commitment on this one.
looking forward to the next update.

Ian.

Thanks Ian,

You know, I'm the world's worst when it comes to interviews and speeches. I avoid them like the plague at all costs! Sometimes, I get backed into a corner. That was the case with those Squadron videos! Jef is one of my oldest friends and I couldn't get out of it!

To be honest? I was as nervous as a hooker in church during that entire hour long interview! I could have never made it in public speaking!

:yipee :yipee :yipee

Bob

Thanks Ian,

You know, I'm the world's worst when it comes to interviews and speeches. I avoid them like the plague at all costs! Sometimes, I get backed into a corner. That was the case with those Squadron videos! Jef is one of my oldest friends and I couldn't get out of it!

Glad he did, would love to see more interviews, how many people have seen more of the evolution of our hobby, who did what and how and when and the rest of it?

Fantastic work on the figures Bob, this is a rare example when quantity doesn't mean less quality.

Laurence

Good going Bob. Your work bench "six inches to work in" warms me spirits. At last I know there is somebody else out there that is, like me and my bench/”postage stamp” work area. :D

As an aside I too have used some of the .005 pens and they can be a boon.

Thanks Ian,

Glad he did, would love to see more interviews, how many people have seen more of the evolution of our hobby, who did what and how and when and the rest of it?

Fantastic work on the figures Bob, this is a rare example when quantity doesn't mean less quality.

Laurence

OK Laurence,

I'll type up all the information I know, give you the photographs and you can do the interviews! OK? :yipee

Sounds like a winner to me! :good:

Bob! :laugh:

Bob I have 3 benches and a small table and at the moment they are "all" cluttered up and I have to scoot stuff aside for a place to work. (means it's time to put it all away and resume :D )

Good going Bob. Your work bench "six inches to work in" warms me spirits. At last I know there is somebody else out there that is, like me and my bench/”postage stamp” work area. :D

As an aside I too have used some of the .005 pens and they can be a boon.

What always amazes me is how fast it goes from clean and large to a mess and tiny!

Thanks Steve!

Bob

Bob I have 3 benches and a small table and at the moment they are "all" cluttered up and I have to scoot stuff aside for a place to work. (means it's time to put it all away and resume :D )

Hey Paul,

Thank God! I was starting to think I was the only one!

:yipee

Bob

I finished up the crew and the tank riders for the M4A1 76mm Sherman, "Aces High". The tank commander will be standing on the turret looking forward trying to determine what is holding up the column. I am experimenting with some felt tip pens I ran across at the art store. They are extremely fine points and are loaded with all colors of indelible ink which, so far, seems to print right over enamel, acrylics and even artist's oils. I need more experience using these, but, I think I can achieve the same quality in hal;f the time as with very fine brushes, such as 000 to 00000.

Here are the ones I have so far.

0~12.JPG

And here is one of the .005 points compared to a 00000 Winsor-Newton brush.

00~15.JPG

Too soon to know how much faster this will increase my figure painting, but the tiny demarkations in the faces, hans and uniforms/equipment are a lot easier and steadier with the pens than a brush. I use black, brown, (Similar to raw umber, sepia, (Similar to burnt sienna, red, blue and in three sizes of tips, .01, .05 and .005 (The finest).

The commander.

gg~9.JPG

ggg~7.JPG

and the crew.

g0g0~3.JPG

g0g0g~0.JPG

g0~4.JPG

Then, all together.

ggg0.JPG

Then the tank riders.

00g~2.JPG

0g0~0.JPG

0000g~0.JPG

000g~0.JPG

0ggggg~1.JPG

g000~4.JPG

0gggg~1.JPG

0ggg~3.JPG

g00000~1.JPG

g0000~3.JPG

Then all together.

0g0g~1.JPG

From the back;

00000g~0.JPG

Then I finished up this motorcycle rider. See Logistics, trucks and jeeps for him on the Harley.

00~14.JPG

Hope you liked these. Thanks for looking in!

Bob

Logistics, The Figures Updated February 21, 2017

Wow, I'd say those pens work perfectly! I'm gonna have to see if I can pick some up myself. Brilliant work!

Logistics, The Figures Updated February 21, 2017

Dave the Chef used these pens a while back on a figure but I think he reported later that the ink faded rather quickly. Keep an eye on this. They look good! :popcorn

Back