• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Logistics, The Figures Updated Feb 8th, 2021

Logistics, The Figures Updated August 4th, 2017

clap.gif
Bob, just grand

You're always welcome Paul! Just give me a little notice! Doin' a lot of traveling lately!

Bob

Yeah I did, though it wasn't planned. Had to go to Nebraska for a funeral so I left a day early and went to the IPMS Nationals in Omaha saturday. The trip up was in sections so it wasn't too bad. That 12 hour drive back home was the real killer and I am glad I had a couple of Clive Cussler - Dirk Pitt books to listen to for the trip. :blink Would have been a lot worse without the books to keep my mind amused.

I will definitely let you know ahead of time when I think I might be up for a visit again. Not sure when it will be next as things have been really messed up this year. :idonno

Wow Bob, these are better than anything I can do. Congrats on getting them done.

clap.gif
Bob, just grand

Why, Thank you sir!

Bob

You're always welcome Paul! Just give me a little notice! Doin' a lot of traveling lately!

Bob

Yeah I did, though it wasn't planned. That 12 hour drive back home was the real killer. :blink

The drive to Tulsa isn't to bad and I am glad I had a couple of Clive Cussler - Dirk Pitt books to listen to for the trip. Would have been a lot worse without the books to keep my mind amused.

I will definitely let you know ahead of time when I think I might be up for a visit again. Not sure when it will be next as things have been really messed up this year. :idonno

Any time Paul!

Bob

Wow Bob, these are better than anything I can do. Congrats on getting them done.

Thanks Duke,

Getting them done? I wish, 175 down and another 175 to go!

Yes, I'm gonna finish them!I'll probably be in ly late eighties, but I'll finish them! :yipee

Bob

Ready to begin painting the 10 figures for the "Aces High" M4A1 76mm Sherman.

00000~0.JPG

I've posted a figure painting seminar here in the past and I am still using the same system. I start with mixing Vallejo off white and a light blue to get a really light blue mix that I use to cover the entire eyes with to start.

000~0.JPG

Then I use the method I learned back in the 1970s from Shep Paine. I use a Testor's raw umber enamel, (Dark brown), to paint a tiny vertical stripe on each eye, usually centered but if the figure will be looking in either direction, then move both stripes accordingly.

It isn't rocket science and you needn't worry if you get the blu/white mixture outside the eye on the figure. Later, you will cover any over application with flesh mixtures of artists oils.

0000~0.JPG

Till next time!

It isn't rocket science and you needn't worry if you get the blu/white mixture outside the eye on the figure. Later, you will cover any over application with flesh mixtures of artists oils.

0000~0.JPG

Till next time!

Good to know ; thought for a minute there you had made him crying. :lol: :lol:

Seriously, good to see your progress on this project :good: :good: :good:

Logistics, The Figures Updated August 15th, 2017

Another update on the figures.

I am working on the figures for the "Aces High" Sherman. I had one of those rare epiphanies a month ago about a new way to paint faces and even uniforms. I'm still working it out and it looks promising. If it does, and I like it, I'll pass it on when i post them.

I bought some additional figure sets as I want more individual;ism in both the tank crews and the tank riders. I really like the Miniart figures. Between those and the Dragon sets, at this rate, they'll make resin figures obsolete as far as diorama figures are concerned. Much cheaper and higher quality!

I needed additional drivers, passengers as well as more MPs.

0g~0.JPG

Also, more airborne tank riders. These will be from the 82nd AB.

g0~1.JPG

Another tank crew. I could have used what I have, but, I want all 8 crews to look different, and, I can only do so much converting.

g0000~1.JPG

Then I spotted these German soldiers at work. Patton got into a lot of trouble using German POWs to help clean up the streets to make them passable. So....... I have a lot of civilian workers and i'll use these to increase the help!

g00000.JPG

I also bought this Masterbox set. The quality on this set, at least ,is substandard to the Miniart sets, but, I can make them work.

g000~1.JPG

Here are the new riders plus three others for other purposes. The figure count on this diorama is now up to 430! Definitely the most in any diorama i have ever built!

000g.JPG

Ditto,

00g~0.JPG

The three in the background here are for the M4A3E2 that i am redoing with more figures. The others in the pic are more drivers, etc.

000000g.JPG

Finally, a long shot. On the left are the crew and riders for "Aces high", on the right for another of the Easy eights, and, in the center for the Jumbo!

0000g.JPG

Thanks for coming by!

Logistics, The Figures Updated October 17th, 2017

Hahaha When I saw that British Sherman and Riders set I thought about you immidiately the other day (y)

Back