• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Logistics, The armor Updated May12, 2021.

Nice Bob, interesting seeing the easy 8 as I am just finishing my M4A3 VVSS. Nice to see the little differences. Nice work! :good:
Have you used the Tamiya Sherman crew set with any of the tanks? I am painting a few figures from this set at the moment.:hmm:

Nice Bob, interesting seeing the easy 8 as I am just finishing my M4A3 VVSS. Nice to see the little differences. Nice work! :good:
Have you used the Tamiya Sherman crew set with any of the tanks? I am painting a few figures from this set at the moment.:hmm:
Thanks Ian,

You know, I may have, however, I have so interchanged the crews from probably 10 to 15 different companies to make each crew unique and I built them as far back as 10 years ago, I can't honestly remember. I do know I used a lot of resin sets, some of the newer plastic injection ones. I probably did use at least one or two figures of the Tamiya set. There are a total of 74 figures in and on the eight Shermans. I'm finishing up the fifth Sherman now. There are some really great plastic injection crews on the market today. Actually better and more crisp detail than the old resin kits. If only I had all the stuff being made currently back in the day! Sigh! :)

Bob

As I still have four more Shermans to finish and man, I don't want the crews and tank riders on all eight Shermans to look like carbon copies of each other.

I believe I've managed to maintain a variety so far. I'm painting that standing figure's counterpart on another tank. They'll be yelling at each other about what is causing the traffic jam up ahead. George Patton and some commandeered M.P.s will be trying to get it moving again.

g0~6.JPG

So, I went on the Internet searching for actual photos of Tank riders on late WW II Shermans. Not a lot out there, but, this one looks good. It creates drama and that's what I'm after.

3665613d84c6ab9fcdf28f403e105781.jpg

This one is from Korea and it looks like Aussies. No matter it's the posing I'm after. I wouldn't have thought those thin metal fenders would have been strong enough for them to stand on? Guess so! I'm using two different types of tracks on my M4A3E8s, T-66 and T-80. Those look like the T-66 but, possibly a later version? Could be the clarity of the photograph?

Korea-5-Australians.jpg

Looking real good Bob! I am sure it feels good to get those figures out of the build boxes and mounted to their final places.

Looks like a dandy way to cross Germany until the PaK-40's start their mischief. Keep up the Mojo! :ro: :vgood:

lookin' just fine Bob. No repetition at all....looks just like the real deal and certainly feels like they are rolling through town.
Love the Easy 8 with the Aussies hitching a ride.:bigrin:

the first shot those guys look like they just happy to get a ride somewhere.
:soldier
I had an Unk that walked/rode across Europe in WW2, eventually winding up at the Bulge. He said he always appreciated a good ride, no matter the vehicle. he said the Sherman was a neat tank, too.

His best line, one of the best I ever heard, was "A poor ride beats a proud walk"

Looks like a dandy way to cross Germany until the PaK-40's start their mischief. Keep up the Mojo! :ro: :vgood:
I thnk the 88s were the most feared German weapon!
Wow Bob,

I had to go back and re-read this thread it's a lot of man hours including the photo shopping work because that is a challenge within itself and many hours learning foregrounds and backgrounds...ahh the joys of photoshop.

Excellent work.

Michael
Thanks Mike, Bob and Paul!

Bob

In the ten years I work on one kit, you crank out super dioramas! :D

Still following, with great interest.

Regards,

Great photos there Bob, I am a fan of those things looking like a very busy public transport vehicle with big guns on them :bigrin:.

I think you're right, the second one, they look Australian to me too - crazy bunch, the lot of 'em.

Laurence

Back