• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Logistics, The armor Updated May12, 2021.

Great photos there Bob, I am a fan of those things looking like a very busy public transport vehicle with big guns on them :bigrin:.

I think you're right, the second one, they look Australian to me too - crazy bunch, the lot of 'em.

Laurence
Thanks,

I'm nearing completion on the number 5 Sherman in the diorama. I should be wrapping it up shortly!

OK, Back to the diorama. This is number five Sherman, an M4A3E8 Modified, upgraded armor and armament. All eight Shermans in the diorama will be stalled in traffic on a street that intersects and merges with another one being used by the XYZ Express, a larger version of the Red Ball express, which was initiated later in the war. The resulting traffic jam will be supervised by General George S. Patton and several M.P.s. All will have tank riders and crews and will be involved with a few people on the ground, civilian and military. In this one, the tank gunner has a German General's greatcoat and is bargaining with a G.I. on the ground with a Nazi Flag. First, the Sherman.

Sherman 5 a.JPG

Sherman 5 C.JPG

Sherman 5 D.JPG

Sherman 5 a.JPG
Sherman 5 C.JPG
Sherman 5 D.JPG
Sherman 5 E.JPG

Sherman 5 F.JPG

Sherman 5 G.JPG
Sherman 5 H.JPG

Sherman 5 I.JPG

Sherman 5 J.JPG

Sherman 5 K.JPG

And, at the head of the column. I. won't decide which tank goes where in the column until I mount them permanently.

sherman 5 column 2.JPG

Thanks for looking in!

Starting on Sherman 6 tomorrow.

Bob

Those guys better put their helmets on before they get up to ol' Blood And Guts or they will get fined!

:tens: :tens:

I wouldn't trade that coat for a flag :bigrin:
They look like it's a still from a movie and they are not even on the dio yet ... this is awesome. :tens:

Laurence

Sweet work! Man that looks so fantastic! I also love how he's got the case of drinks hidden behind the camo net too! I'm thinking he's gonna make a killing along the route, trading them for anything....

I wouldn't trade that coat for a flag :bigrin:
They look like it's a still from a movie and they are not even on the dio yet ... this is awesome. :tens:

Laurence
I wouldn't either Laurence,

That's why they are haggling. It's about how much cash the guy with the flag has to kick in!

Thanks as always!

Bob

Sweet work! Man that looks so fantastic! I also love how he's got the case of drinks hidden behind the camo net too! I'm thinking he's gonna make a killing along the route, trading them for anything....
Yep, just like Telly Savalas in The Battle of the Bulge! I think that was the movie, right?

Bob

Back