• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Lavochkin La-7 Eduard 1/72 Profipack

Flyingbabydoc

Hello dear friends,

Since I am in a Russian mood, now a classic from the WWII. I always loved the Lavochkin planes, and this one is my favourite. The La-7 did a number on what was left of the Luftwaffe when entering in Service in 1943, and many of the greatest Russian aces flew in one.

I am assemblying the Eduard 1/72 Profipack, which Comes with some PE and decals for 6 Versions. I will go on with a classic, the White 27 from the greatest Russian WWII ace (Cmd. Khozedub). This plane can actually be visited at the Monino Museum near Moscow.

So, here is the beginning. What is important for me is to get the idea in my head, that less is better - specially in 1/72. Let's see what I can make of it.

Cheers and thanks for looking. Of course your critique is always welcome

Alex

h50b49f7.jpg

h2d0c310.JPG

h7dd3fdd.JPG

h251bbb8.JPG

h29f3536.JPG

h6d522e2.JPG

And he's off :good: Good start .

I've built one of these . Seems the wings to fuselage joints needed some extra surgery but otherwise a descent model.

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks for your Support.

Actually Chris the fuselage halves worked out fine. I have finally learned how to use the microthin glue AFTER joining them (and proofing them) so they look MUCH smoother than the models I did before. I am actually quite happy with the result so far.

Kinda on a hurry to get things ready before May, big changes at work coming up.

Cheers

Alex

h95d3924.JPG

ha0a7596.JPG

hd32bd84.JPG

h1e47840.JPG

hd7a4f75.JPG

Good to hear about the glue . It'll take a while before you're totally happy with it . Practice does lead to perfection .

Good luck on the upcoming changes.

Cheers, Christian B)

Interior looks great Alex!

Different glues and adhesives all have their idiosyncrasies. It takes some experimentation and practice to get them down pat sometimes.

Keep at it, you are getting there. (y)

Hi Everyone

Thanks for the Support. Indeed this micro-thin glues Need some getting used to, but they are WAY much better. Planes Looks smoother, not so much to sand and rescribe afterwards.

I am moving along quite nicely. Here is the La-7 all painted in AMT-7; AMT-11 and AMT-12 from Vallejo. The paints are rather dark, so a lot of whitening was required (roughly 6.5:3.5)

Satin varnish and ready for the decals.

Cheers

Alex

h60b5a8e.JPG

h7b003d4.JPG

h3808152.JPG

h7b50e85.JPG

:good: Definitely some improvements on the glue joints. Frankly, I didn't think you could handle the smell (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Way to go Alex! You are getting this done quick. I can also see some great improvement here too. Keep plugging man and good luck on the new changes at work.

Thank you my very faithful friends.

I am ever so thankful for your Support even though I had posted some real Monsters here. Truly I mean it.

I am almost done with this one and because I enjoyed it so much I will enter the Revell campaign with a Lavochkin La-5FN. OOB, since it is only until the end of June!

This is the plane after decals. Now only weathering.

Nice Weekend everyone!

Cheers

Alex

hb9e27c3.JPG

hcb3b82e.JPG

h1ceb04a.JPG

h8437d8e.JPG

hb929d41.JPG

ha5fe0e9.JPG

Thanks Mark. You are ever so Kind.

So now it is done. All weathered but not too much. Actually I am proud, it turned out much better than the ones before. Still a lot to improve. Yet this new gluing after Assembling Thing really pays out at the end (despite a few Asthma crises).

I hope you like it. Thanks for watching.

Cheers :drinks :drinks :drinks

Alex

h5621d7e.JPG

hd0169e1.JPG

hfcd8418.JPG

h6ffc0bc.JPG

he0f85e1.JPG

hef3619b.JPG

h5d1138b.JPG

ha0b6fdf.JPG

The seams look much better Alex!

Only thing I could suggest is that you need to build a vent system to pull paint, glue fumes, and dust out through a window.

thumbsup.gif

Definitely improved Alex . I like Paul agree for the need of a paint fumes extraction system . Does not need t o be a permanent thing.

Although thinking about it that would be harder to do on German windows than the ones in the US.

Cheers, Christian B)

Back