• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Dang James! Guess you got your sites on a G model.
Yeah I popped for one. All I need now are to find the decals I want which seem to be unavailable. If I could figure out this stupid Cricut I would try to make stencils. I'll probably end up with the kit decals. I just need to stop being sick and get more modeling in first.
James

Yeah I popped for one. All I need now are to find the decals I want which seem to be unavailable. If I could figure out this stupid Cricut I would try to make stencils. I'll probably end up with the kit decals. I just need to stop being sick and get more modeling in first.
James
I got no doubt @centaur567 can lend a hand with references.

AaW30NinetyYearsOfTheIndianAF.JPG

Mustang Mania
Eduard49216P51DforTamiya.JPG

As my old Samsung tablet has reached a point where it just isn't cutting it anymore and I have been thinking about an upgrade/replacement, I kicked for a new laptop with wireless trackball. Pricing ended up being about what a new tablet with tablet keyboard would have been but it is much more useful. This unit is a fairly new ASUS with a 17 inch display and one of the more powerful gaming video processors.

Computer.jpg

Trackball.jpg

I went to the trackball darkside back in the mid 90's when I was doing CAD PCBoard layout work. Using a mouse was basically destroying my arm. By mid afternoon the tension from having to hold the mouse "just where" it had to be and click to do the layout was killing it. Finally talked the boss into me getting a trackball and within a week I no longer had any issues. Been sold on them ever since. While this new trackball is ergonomic, I have about 25 years of using a flat 4 button Kensington. It will take a little getting used to, but is starting to grow on me.

@Rhino When is the next meet Chris?

finally got myself one of these......it took this long for them to be available down here!
View attachment 151549
I got their Stug II G and liked it so much I ended up getting this one as well. Very nice for the price. We should do a Sweet 16 build where the vehicle needs to be 1/16th or bigger. Andy is also going to be doing an Easy 8 Sherman and a 1/16th jeep. Looking forward to the jeep.

As my old Samsung tablet has reached a point where it just isn't cutting it anymore and I have been thinking about an upgrade/replacement, I kicked for a new laptop with wireless trackball. Pricing ended up being about what a new tablet with tablet keyboard would have been but it is much more useful. This unit is a fairly new ASUS with a 17 inch display and one of the more powerful gaming video processors.

View attachment 151486

View attachment 151488

I went to the trackball darkside back in the mid 90's when I was doing CAD PCBoard layout work. Using a mouse was basically destroying my arm. By mid afternoon the tension from having to hold the mouse "just where" it had to be and click to do the layout was killing it. Finally talked the boss into me getting a trackball and within a week I no longer had any issues. Been sold on them ever since. While this new trackball is ergonomic, I have about 25 years of using a flat 4 button Kensington. It will take a little getting used to, but is starting to grow on me.

@Rhino When is the next meet Chris?
The notebook and seller both ended up being problems. The seller was just flaky as could be. Shipped me a 1T M2 drive for me to install (That was no problem) The problem with the It drive is it is a circuit board and the idiot that packed it just took the bare board, dropped it into a bubble wrap padded envelope, (WITH NO STATIC PROTECTION) rolled up the envelope and shipped it in a small box. Can we say drive is probably static zapped and toast?

The main problem with the computer was that the Wifi never worked right or rather wouldn't keep working. Had all the correct latest drivers and even found there was a problem with the June 2022 Windows 10 update that caused wifi problems. I am sure the update was part of the trouble, but once I got all the stuff past that, the wifi would still go off and not be able to see any of the dozen networks in range at my house or any in range at work. At what point do you say enough, there is a hardware problem here and ship it back. So the comp is going back per Amazon to the 3rd party seller and I sprang for a more powerful and slightly newer machine. Same brand and style, but newer components and still Windows 10. Good thing about going through all the troubles is that you learn a lot when things break. I learned a lot and some of it even applies to my old Win 8.1 computer. Will probably try and do an upgrade to it here soon but the laptop will let me test things first.

The Wells Fargo wagon come down my street and dropped these off:

Tamiya Kits, different decals, figures and seatbelts.'

Ooooooo... Ahhhhhhhh...

Attachments

• IMG_0095.jpg
    IMG_0095.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 19
Back