• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

New Trumpeter kit out. Something I've never seen before, the 9P157-2.

h2cfd525.JPG

From a quick perusal through the instructions it looks like it will take a bit of work to build this. The vehicle is based on the BMP-3 so the kit has some of the BMP-3 interior which is wrong. If you have it traveling it looks like a straight forward build. If you have it in "combat" mode it doesn't quite make the cut. The show the top door closed with the pintle sticking through it. Unfortunately that's not right. The door stays open and there is a magazine with an extra 15 I think missiles. So to have it in firing mode the full door can be used and you will need to get some really good pics of the magazine and make something that looks like it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzFXgB9tsdU
This one has a good shot of the top.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SjbpdTOg-U
The side loader looks pretty good I think.
James

Latest Acquisitions

eBay impulse buy - $40.00NZD including postage - think the seller had it priced incorrectly :v

hb16d3eb.jpg

Ian.

Latest Acquisitions

Got a 3d printed fan and shroud for my takom T-54/55 kits. Unfortunately too far along with current build to use but next one for sure. And feeding my WWII habit.

h404437c.JPG

h116bcdb.JPG

hf06fdcb.JPG

h5b4a4fc.JPG

James

Latest Acquisitions

Finally the stuff I ordered for the DAK lesson has arrived as well as some other things. Took so long just from the States.

h7265a86.JPG

h50b287d.JPG

h4c12692.JPG

hfd14278.JPG

h9aaf77a.JPG

h50663e8.JPG

h4544e69.JPG

hd332c83.JPG

Latest Acquisitions

Nice James, that DAK Commander, face looks familiar, British actor can't think of the movie that pops in my mind.

Latest Acquisitions

The DAK Profile Guide is an excellent source of ideas, I bought the ebook version last year. :good:

Latest Acquisitions

I am finally getting around to posting some of the stuff from Wonderfest here. I took a decent painting class where I tried some new paint (that worked quite nicely) Picked up some more resin figures, had a good time, and met a number of new folks.

Here are some of the items I picked up.

Aq-288.jpg

Aq-289.jpg

Aq-290.jpg

Aq-291.jpg

Aq-292.jpg

Aq-293.jpg

Aq-294.jpg

Aq-295.jpg

Aq-296.jpg

Aq-297.jpg

I have 2 more figures ordered that should arrive shortly, and picked up one that will be a bit of a chore to build.

Latest Acquisitions

Joe, of TMD, was selling off his aircraft collection on FB and I made off like a bandit. Now he put more on eBay and I am eyeing one of the ones I didn't see before!

My loot-

Two early Fw 190A-2 (both have guns altough I hoped for one with and another without):
Eduard8216xFw190A2wGuns.JPG

A Bf 190E-1 and Bf 190E-3 although the box said two Bf 190E-3:
Eduard8271X8273X.JPG

Eduard82118Bf109G14Profipack.JPG

Eduard84120Fw190A8.JPG

Eduard84147Bf109F2Weekend.JPG

Eduard845142Bf109G6Erla.JPG

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

Nice hauls!

I've been trying to hold back on buying more kits...as I need to get some built first! :rotf

But I did pick up a few (on sale of course ;) ) from a hobby shop in Lynnwood that is closing due to loss of lease (owners are terminating lease to bring in another shop that is willing to pay more for the site). Going to miss that place. I usually made a little side trip to pick up a little something or another whenever I was heading down towards Seattle to try to help support them. They are keeping their accounts open though, so hopefully they will be able to find another location over the coming months and be able to get re-established.

Back