• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

I haven't bought any of them, but I know some here like the Wingnut Wings kits. Sprue Bros has a few of them on sale under their "Deal of the Day" bucket. They are typically only up for about 48 hours once they are posted.

You have been warned. :ro:

Latest Acquisitions

I haven't bought any of them, but I know some here like the Wingnut Wings kits. Sprue Bros has a few of them on sale under their "Deal of the Day" bucket. They are typically only up for about 48 hours once they are posted.

You have been warned. :ro:

That Junkers would be a nice build, very little rigging.

Latest Acquisitions

Bought these decals because they are unique, German Ar-196 with fake French markings. They were extremely expensive at $17.95 Euros. The gel glue was half price thanks to a Michael's Craft Stores coupon.

FFSM48004aGlue.JPG

The decals are thin but pressing them lightly with a fingernail shows them to be stiff. Reading the instructions, it mentions using a hair dryer to warm the film up to get them to conform. What appears to be a flaw in the large Balkenkreuze are actually stencils. These decals, by Flying Frog Scale Modeling Company (FFSMC) are very well researched and include full stencilling. It was custom printed when Ipaid.
FFSM48004b.JPG

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

I id a deal with Skinny Mike and it just arrived with some added bonuses. More than happy and a big shoutout to Mike for the trade. Thankyou.
I also got in some books for my M3A1 Scoutcar and while shopping found a book on the Long Tom.

hee9945e.JPG

ha89efb5.JPG

he40b924.JPG

he1399f6.jpg

h70390c4.jpg

hd5f2ba3.jpg

James

Latest Acquisitions

I finally got my mits on it! I've been trying to find this elusive kit for a while now. My dad served on her back in the early '70s while she was the flagship for the 2nd Fleet.

Latest Acquisitions

Woot! New airbrush day. :yipee

I ordered an Iwata Eclipse HP-BS that arrived today for more detailed work. Should work a lot better for pre-shading panel lines and small details, particularly on 1/72 scale. Looking forward to getting a chance to try it out. The Badger will remain my primary brush for general coverage applications.

Latest Acquisitions

Well despite waking at 0300 the day started good. Got some stuff in today also. Unfortunately the day degraded.
So my decals came in today for a BEF Matilda and Light Tank Mk VI and OEF Hummer. My radio and tracks came in for the Bison II. And a week ago Sprue Brothers had a daily sale on some WNW kits. Only $49 each. Unfortunately my buddy Maus alerted me to the fact and 3 of them jumped into my basket. To make things better the new Tamiya Easy 8 was on sale. And they had decals to do some Canadian Shermans and Achilles. So they also jumped into my cart. What is really cool and I wasnt aware of until today, A Gaz "Jeep" also is included in the box.

h982265d.JPG

h3739e66.JPG

he6b0c8d.JPG

h1f7927d.JPG

hb1d16eb.JPG

hc495d47.JPG

h7382672.JPG

James

Latest Acquisitions

A couple recent acquisitions.

I think egg planes are turning in to a bit of an addiction, lol. I stop at almost every hobby shop I find, and look to see if they have any EP kits, and when they have something I don't already have, I typically snag it. The local Hobby Town had a couple different combo sets, and I grabbed this one.

20190428_163130.jpg

This arrived yesterday, and it's a kit I've been looking for, for over a year now. I came across a sheet of decals I really liked the look of, and decided to get the kit. Now I just have to either track down a sheet of the decals, or wait for the manufacturer to finally reprint them like they've been saying for almost a year.

20190507_181311.jpg

Latest Acquisitions

I haven't been able to shop much, but here's a couple things I picked up at Brookhurst Hobbies during our annual AMPS meeting at the store. I had a little money from a job and Brookhurst gave all us AMPS members a coupon giving us half off a second purchase bought at full price.

This first one is a tool I've been trying to get for 15 years! Forget the price! I finally got one:

Tools-Hold-n-Fold_I.JPG

With all these vehicles loaded with photo etch, it was about time!

This next one was a model I'd been wanting. I got this one for half off! This is the Modelcollect 1/72 scale Coastal artillery fort:

Modelcollect_Astratt_Fort_Coastal_Artillery_Site.jpg

Yes, that is 1/72 scale and if you look at the box top, you'll see two twin AA gun mounts too. Those also come in this kit! I'm gonna have fun with this one!

That's all my acquisitions. You'll be able to see the fort in my next Maddog Manufacturing update!

Latest Acquisitions

Trumpeter sent me this since their stock of the ZSU-57-2 sprue trees were all damaged in the same way as the one I had and the replacement they sent. I asked for it since it allows me to convert, with minor effort, the MiG-29SMT to the 9.12 I prefer (more schemes).

TrumpeterService_001.JPG

Regards,

Back