• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Clearance at Michael's for only $10USD (regularly $22USD). Best of all, paid by a gift card they gave me for my input (reviews).
By the way, the package states 10 blades are included but the two on the handles are not included in that summary. Not mentioned at all are the clear case nor that the spare blades each has its own case based on the handle size.
MichaelsXactoSale.JPG

MichaelsXactoSale2.JPG

I was just expecting the card.
Thank you @Rhino Chris!
1713310104966.png

I recently picked up a AT11 Trainer intending to build the trainer Cindy's Dad trained in in 1942, he always told me the P39 was the best looking fighter we had so I'm going to build up both in his memory.

Thanks again Chris, far more than I expected!

I was just expecting the card.
Thank you @Rhino Chris!
View attachment 168576

I recently picked up a AT11 Trainer intending to build the trainer Cindy's Dad trained in in 1942, he always told me the P39 was the best looking fighter we had so I'm going to build up both in his memory.

Thanks again Chris, far more than I expected!
There has been some speculation about IPMS model judging. It seems a lot of airplane guys are looking to build a less complex model and build it really well. Every time photo-etch or resin is added there is the possibility of new flaws that eagle-eyed judges find and ding you for. Hobbyboss makes a nice little EZ-build airplane model that goes together with almost no fuss. Teresa won it at our club's show.
A subject for the next MMM Perhaps?
Minimum USPS Ground Advantage with a tracking number runs around $4.20. For less than $1.00 more I could send an Airacobra kit as well. Ain't I a smart shipper?!
I take care of My People.

Note to self, never by raffle tickets after lunch. Didn't score a thing.

I picked up a few items at the show. First

1713742911061.png

Will be built up as Britt's Construction Company's pickup.
1713743296238.png

I know it's not the log bed but close enough.

1713743345415.png

Might make this the rare Civilian version that flew into Greenwood years ago. Didn't realize how rare they are now.

and then there's this.

1713743403041.png

Some snake oil salesman sold me on this, or he's a used car sales man. He did make me a deal but on reflection he's unloading these because Tamyia's kit is probably so much better he can't give the Trumpeter away. Will see what we can do with this.

Note to self, never by raffle tickets after lunch. Didn't score a thing.

I <snip>
View attachment 168996
Some snake oil salesman sold me on this, or he's a used car sales man. He did make me a deal but on reflection he's unloading these because Tamyia's kit is probably so much better he can't give the Trumpeter away. Will see what we can do with this.
I dont remember all the issues with the Trumpeter kit, but one big one if I remember correctly was the cowl. Vector made a correction.
James

Back