• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

KV-1 1/48th scale Bandai

centaur567

100_6080.JPG
100_6082.JPG

Ok, here's my entry. It's Bandai's KV-1 and probably by the box top, an early issue run way back in the 70's. One of the first thing that need to be done is the hollowing out of the fender braces. Didn't think I'd ever start this kit and now I have a good reason to. Gary S. XXXXV XX XX

100_6110.JPG

Cut out the transmission cover with my trusty razor saw or else it would be all closed up and unable to view.
100_6112.JPG
100_6113.JPG

Added plastic strips for the cover and between the fighting compartment and engine compartment. Not sure of the color of the engine and transmission compartment. Probably primer brown. The fighting compartment is white. Gary S. XXXXV XX XX

100_6118.JPG

100_6119.JPG
Drilled out and cutting out the fender brackets and including a finger cut. Brackets made from strips of plastic. An example is by the date stamp.
Gary S. XLV MMXX

100_6130.JPG

100_6131.JPG

Thanks!! More of the interior painted along with primer red for the engine and transmission area. I also ruffened up the turret by applying testors liquid glue and then pressing gritty sand paper. Gary S. XLV MMXX

Starting to Take Shape! Your doing an excellent job with that old Bandi Kit. :vgood:

100_6137.JPG

It's a shame that most of this detailed engine will not be seen. I have a spare T-34 engine that's almost identical that I'll build for display, Most Russian tanks used this engine.

100_6138.JPG

Transmission and engine are installed.
100_6141.JPG

100_6143.JPG
100_6144.JPG

Turret is mostly done. Periscopes are under roof.

100_6142.JPG

Turret roof will remain removeable for now. The MG's are also installed with ammo bins from a T-34 kit. Gary S. XLV MMXX

Back