• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Kawanishi N1K1 JA

Made a bit of progress today . Apparently I can't seem to ever get by with kit decals anymore .

You would think Tamiya and Hasegawa could provide some descent decals :vmad But no ! They were cracking and even with the super film applied, they were awful.

moving_on_002a.jpg

After removing and painting the yellow id stripes I decided to go straight to painting the warning marks fro the flaps.

moving_on_004a.jpg

The rest of the decals were from the spare box, but here we are again with a gloss coat.

moving_on_003a.jpg

Tomorrow, washes . Thanks for looking.

Cheers, Christian B)

yep, slight register problem with those red ones. That's what caused me to buy new ones for the Thunderjet. You're making it look good though Chris :popcorn

Yup, I had a similar problem with older Hasegawa decals and Tamiya decals from 2003! :bang head

George coming along nicely :popcorn

All the best!
Dusan.

Hey Dusan , I don't think this kit is nearly that old . Of course I have never been a fan of Hasegawa decals :angry:

Seems like the last 2-3 years I have only been happy with Sword and Eduard decals .

Cheers, Christian B)

Hi all, done quite a few things over the last few days. Some weathering , sealing and washing with grime .

engine_and_cowl_006a.jpg

Today, I built and painted the engine and the canopy parts .

engine_and_cowl_007a%7E0.jpg

I then fit the engine cowling . The only part that doesn't fit this build. I had to add .020 shims to the bottom and to the top as well before the glue points would meet. Think it'll be alright now.

engine_and_cowl_008a.jpg

Tomorrow, landing gear parts. Thanks for looking . Comments welcomed.

Cheers, Christian B)

Looking great Chris. I really like the weathering of the green, Really adds some depth to the model. (y) (y) (y)
James

Chunky little Rita??? Dare I ask???

Nice job Christian! Looking great!

Not even sure I need to know :S

Cheers, Christian B)

Well guys, I'm calling this one done ! More pictures at eleven ( or maybe sooner hopefully )

news_019a.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

Sorry for the delay guys . Sometimes life just gets in the way of my favorite pastime.

I'm sure everyone here can say the same.

finished_006a.jpg

finished_009a.jpg

Back