• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Kawanishi N1K1 JA

I guess the question should not have been " will it go in ? " but how much of a fight will be required and how many things will need to be reinstalled.

As it was , the score 0 & 0 but there are some very complicated joints between the lower fuselage and the wings.
I'll post a picture after it's cleaned up .

Cheers, Christian B)

In an effort to help the modeler get everything in place , Tamiya has placed several tabs that make it impossible to move the rear edges around.
I did not discover this until glue had been already applied.

belly_001a.jpg

Fortunately, the plastic is soft so after some careful sanding I got it to fit .

Cheers, Christian B)

The progress has slowed considerably.

I have managed a couple of improvements . Neither the kit or Eduard has got the rudder trim tab adjustment correct, so I made couple of linkages for the Lt & Rt sides of the rudder.

improvements_002.JPG

improvements_001a%7E0.jpg

While I was there I carved out the tail and made a clear light for it.

The airframe was painted with Tamiya silver and revealed a few flaws :bang head that needed repair.

repairs_001a.jpg

and repaint some sections. ( I hate silver ) :vmad

Now, it looks like a patch quilt.

repairs_002a.jpg

Hopefully I can shoot some more paint tomorrow .

Thanks for looking in . Comments are welcomed.

Cheers, Christian B)

Hi Christian, Most excellent Sir (y) (y) That rescribing you do to the panel lines really pays off and of course you always get the details in!!!

Randy

Thanks Randy. Quite a bit of extra work but I think it makes a good bit of difference in the overall appearance.

I wish I was more gifted in that area. Mistakes are so hard to fix.

It would also look better ( in my opinion ) in larger scales :bang head Alas, this is what i build .

Cheers, christian B)

I know Bob . I thought of you while I was doing this.

Interesting differences in the color since it was shot with the same Tamiya rattle can. :idonno

Cheers, Christian B)

How about a patchwork Rita to ease your troubles?

Dangerous_Curves.jpg

:drinks

Even a slight change in pressure can change silvers when they are sprayed. (y)

Looking good Chris. One reason I dont do natural metal is because of the inconsistency. Looking really good though. (y) (y) (y)
James

I agree James . But the real ones are a patch work too .

This is not a complaint, just a surprised by the different results from the same can.

It will be painted over anyway.

Cheers, Christian B)

Well this has been an interesting day . Several lessons learned today .

First off , I finally got the replacement camera and I'm having to adapt the things I do At least some .

Don't think it'll be too bad though :) Bare with me.

I shot some paint on the George today . I never suspected I would say this but I didn't mean for it to come out this good. Well, I didn't . :S

painted_001a.jpg

After a small industrial accident I had to shoot a second coat of green which gave me a chance to adjust the tone to a bluer scale.

painted_002a.jpg

The truth is, it was supposed to be thinner and somewhat spotty .

Guess I'll let it harden some more before degrading the paint. My first effort only made it shinier :rotf . Oh well, another lesson learned in making a nice finish .

Comments are definitely welcomed . Thanks for looking .

Cheers, Christian B)

Here we go, started down the road of wearing out the paint but that didn't pan out :blush: so I took a different path by spraying some lightened paint and adding paint chips !

fading_007a.jpg

Not as visible as I wanted it since the coat of Future . I'll apply the decals and then flatten the paint.

We will then see how much more abuse it will need.

Cheers, Christian B)

Back