• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Jeffrey Riedesel Obituary

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member

We've lost another friend of our community, I'm so sorry I didn't see this earlier but Jeff (Sherman 18) Riedesel passed away last year Aug 30, 2022.

Jeff was a valued member of our community, like so many of our friends we all met him online at the various websites and I know some of you were able to meet him in person at the shows. Jeff was good enough to share with how proud he was of his daughter Grace over the years.

I can only say a prayer for Grace and and the rest of the family to give them strength in their loss.

Oh No! Usually someone reaches out to us to let us know. I also wonder how Grace and his wife are doing. Wonder what happened?

I don't know anything other than the obit. I could see on facebook that the Sherman Co Sheriff Dept posted condolences.

You know we've had many members on this forum over the years that just stop posting, I try to engage them to see if they are ok, sometimes they reply that all is well and they are just taking a break, sometimes they do not reply. And sometimes I'm able to find something like this.

So very sorry to see this. Jeff always had something interesting to post. Condolences, thoughts and prayers to his family :(
James

Sad news
I’ve been losing more and more friends of late, a sure sign of my age and the inevitable completion of my own journey at some point in time.
not too soon hopefully

Sad news
I’ve been losing more and more friends of late, a sure sign of my age and the inevitable completion of my own journey at some point in time.
not too soon hopefully

This has become my main site to post things. I also feel that I have many friends here and it also bothers me Chris when someone goes completely AWOL. It seems that is becoming more the norm though lately. There seems to be a smaller core group now than when I first joined. Some have left, some have passed on, other just drop in for a moment and then disappear for a while again.
It is always a joy to see new folks posting and I always hope they will stay. Farcebook is where most folks seem to drift and it is such a pain to deal with that unless you watch every thread almost every day you can never find anything worthwhile. I don't have that kind of time and have managed to engage the no tracking features on my browsers. That is what FB is mostly for these days is tracking.
It helps me keep with high school classmates and that is what I mostly use it for anymore.

Very sad news, he wasn't that old either. Grace was big into baseball, yes?

What a shame to loose a husband and father so young!

Just 53 years young? How very sad. I thought Jeff was "Sherman 18" because he preferred Armor models.
You made me Google again.
Oddly enough, one year later, to the day, the Goodland, KS Police chief also passed away. Chief "Frankie" Hayes was also 53 years old. "Medical complications" is the reason given in both cases. No car chases, gunfights or accidents.
Goodland Kansas is almost to the Colorado state line. Home of the world's largest easel and Goodland Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (taught in Portuguese?)
The Goodland, KS Daylight Donuts shop is closed permanently.

I can count the number of M/A members I have actually met in person easily. Then two, a few more that joined the video meetings we had.
Yet we are friends in most cases, after a fashion.
Fewer than that are the guys that are interested in the the models I make, and that's COMPLETELY OK!
Model ships have a narrow appeal.
Narrower still is the appeal of esoteric US Coast Guard subjects. I get it.
I like to see what you guys are building. I have so little time to make anyone else's model kit and I envy you guys that aren't driven to create, a little bit.

Perhaps, as a group, we should make an effort to meet (google meet?) so as to keep the channels of communication open.
Your thoughts, Brothers?

Yeah it dawned on me when he announced he has been promoted to Under Sheriff what Sherman 18 handle was. I asked him if he's now Sherman 2, I think I only got a LOL back.

You know me, I'm always up for a meet and greet.

Just 53 years young? How very sad. I thought Jeff was "Sherman 18" because he preferred Armor models.
You made me Google again.
Oddly enough, one year later, to the day, the Goodland, KS Police chief also passed away. Chief "Frankie" Hayes was also 53 years old. "Medical complications" is the reason given in both cases. No car chases, gunfights or accidents.
Goodland Kansas is almost to the Colorado state line. Home of the world's largest easel and Goodland Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (taught in Portuguese?)
The Goodland, KS Daylight Donuts shop is closed permanently.

I can count the number of M/A members I have actually met in person easily. Then two, a few more that joined the video meetings we had.
Yet we are friends in most cases, after a fashion.
Fewer than that are the guys that are interested in the the models I make, and that's COMPLETELY OK!
Model ships have a narrow appeal.
Narrower still is the appeal of esoteric US Coast Guard subjects. I get it.
I like to see what you guys are building. I have so little time to make anyone else's model kit and I envy you guys that aren't driven to create, a little bit.

Perhaps, as a group, we should make an effort to meet (google meet?) so as to keep the channels of communication open.
Your thoughts, Brothers?
We did this once before and I completely enjoyed it. I remember Saúl even made an appearance once.

Sad news, condolences to friends and family. Personally I have stopped doing any models for almost one year, then got to finish that fire truck and now I am slowly doing other bits. Still on MA and still posting, but at a much slower pace than before.

Laurence

Back