• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

JAPANESE STUART

Ok, so here is the latest:
FOUND109.jpg

FOUND111.jpg

FOUND112.jpg

pretty neat, huh? I was wanting the tank to appear as though it had been in a combination of heavy tropical rain and sun. This is with some drybrushing & some basic wash effects only. Actually, I got a bit carried away on this and started before I got all the last bits and the decals on! The running gear area still needs work too, I tried something with Mr. Surfacer, but it was not all that great, so now I am going back and dabbing the original paint over it - I think if I use some powders it will give it a bit more of a 'weathered' look and balance all that out. here it is with the decals on:

FOUND114.jpg

FOUND115.jpg

Plan here is to add the last actual bits, get the powders on it, and then I have something special in mind to finish it off. Not bad overall!

Nice! Use some dark metallics (or an HB pencil which is softer than a #2) to impart a metallic sheen to the edge of the bent mudguard as one can see in the photo you posted.

Regards,

The tracks and running gear are looking much the part, the last couple pictures don't do justice to the build as much as the white background does. Looking forward to the finish!! (y)

Boy, are you right about that! That was AFTER i played with it in photobucket - I will go "white" from now on to be sure!

it is getting there....but still not there. Mud on bottom isd too overstated, needs to have some bits added wherein I got ahead of myself,a nd Sharkiw is right about da' fender...but it still ain't looking bad overall!

Cool ! I Dig th Weathering .... I didn't realize that th Japanese captured any of these , much less would've used them. Very Cool !!

:drinks

:erik

Back