• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

James Mulligan.

Okay dug her out again. Decided I really need to work on something and I seem to be at a loss as to what. I'm kind of digging WWI stuff at the moment so here we go. Worked on the engine nacelles a bit. Instructions wherent too great for the wing join so I dry fit the wings on. I was very close to screwing this up big time. You need to leave a gap at the end of the center section when you add the fuel tanks. If you make a tight fit you wont be able to install the outboard wings. Took a pic of the dryfit and test fit it in my display case. It wont fit. No idea where I will display it.

test_fit_wings.jpg

It takes up a lot of space and the top wings are a bit longer still.

James

Holy cow, James! That is HUGE!! Good save with the dry fit, nothing worse than putting yourself in a corner!

Hey James...

The current issue of FSM has a review of this baby and the guy talked about some end-arounds he did with the instructions iirc...

Put it on a poll and use it as a weather vane?

Dig up some obscure info about your fighter wing and display it at the Museum. :mpup

I placed the Bone on a stool and worked around it, course I didn't have nearly the work you got on this when you start rigging.

Okay, I'm annoyed. Waited for weeks for paint. Put kit away. Pull kit out and on a roll. Cant find paint. A whole box has disappeared. This is just unbelievable. I am so ticked off.

what a monster! impressive and mighty!

regarding the paint - maybe the missus wanted to give you a late easter surprise and stored them away so that you can have the joy of finding them? no, really - that's indeed annoying! i hope you'll find them soon!

Must have been that stealth paint, huh? :laugh: Sorry, James, I hope you find it soon so your roll can continue!!

That has never happened to me :idonno If you believe that I gotta a bridge for sale. Usually happens when I buy stuff months in advance of needing it and stick it some place where I know to look but then forget where !

Back