• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

James Mulligan.

jknaus

Administrator
Okay I just dont want to play with the Hs 123 anymore. I've tried but I just dont want to. So I am taking a mulligan. Thing is I have 2 choices. Do the Gotha which I really want to do, or because Laura inspired me do a Ju 88 A1 or A4.I'm leaning towards the Gotha, but would like to do a Ju 88. Will decided and start in the next day or 2.
James

Guess its a good thing I took some pics this morning while I was waffling.

DSC02161.JPG

DSC02162.JPG

James

Woo hoo, I was hoping that was the Gotha you were referring to, this is going to be cool !

Started the engines tonight. Got one intake pipe half wrapped with tape to simulate the tar soaked canvas wrap and then realized I have no intention of showing the nacells open. Doh!
Ordered Airscale WWI instruments. So the cockpit will have to wait till then. Thats why I went engines first.
James

Typical WNW awesomeness. Nice big parts so far. Almost readty to paint sub assemblies of engine.
James

Not much of an update. still doing the engines.

DSC02167.JPG

If you see any hair on the engines its because my research assistant has assured me that this was a field modification done to German aircraft to make them more nimble and catlike in the skys. She has also asured me that orange was the official colour. Further research shows that the allies found out about this field mod and subsequently modified their aircraft, She's not sure of the colour though and suggests I invite her partner in crime to check any allied aircraft I build for historical accuracy.

I think I'll go and read up on this to see if maybe she's pulling the wool over my eyes.
James

This explains Snoopy's war record. Thanks for clearing that up James.

Looks like you got something planed with the wire there.

This explains Snoopy's war record. Thanks for clearing that up James.

Looks like you got something planed with the wire there.

I was going to make springs for the rocker valves. And I was going to use in the .05mm pipe to make it easier to cut into spark plugs. Then sanity prevailed and I realized that this will all be buttoned up so dont need to do that. Too late for the intake pipe which I wrapped and mr surfacered and painted as tar covered asbestos wrap.
Now its just wait for some paint to arrive.
James

Did a bit of the cockpit. Dark yellow base with burnt umber oil. Looks washed out in the pics but dark on the bench. Tried to get tonal variations throughout.

interior2%7E0.jpg

interior1.jpg

DSC02196.JPG

James

Hey the cockpit wood and engines look great. I really like the wood grain.

Terry (y)

Back