• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Jagdpanzer 38[t] 1/48 scale

That came out great Ron, considering the kit you had to work with.

Are you going to add another vehicle? Looks like you have room for one.

Tom

That came out great Ron, considering the kit you had to work with.

Are you going to add another vehicle? Looks like you have room for one.

Tom

Naah,...no more 1/48 for a while.
Have something else on my mind for this one,but still not sure if I will do it... :hmmm

Greetings,Ron.

Hey Ron that looks really nice (y) and I'm starting to understand how you go armor guys get their Panzers rusty . Seriously though I like it a lot (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

i really had to look at the beginning of the thread if this is the horrible kit that made you almost bail out!

top notch work ron! kudos!

Thank you very much dear lady and gentlemen,I do appreciate your comments very much! :notworthy

Got some answering to do;

The water was done by using Vallejo Still Water with some Vallejo 'English Uniform' mixed in [turned out a bit too green looking,would not expect that from a brown paint] :hmmm
The trees;the pine tree came from MODEL SCENE [Starterpack Fichten Nr.2].
I used 2 real tree roots,which I sprinkled with some green scatter material from the railroad scenery section,glued with thinned white glue/wood glue.
The bigger home made tree root I glued a zeeschuim branch on,also found in the railroad scenery section.
[sorry folks,...no translation Zeeschuim Dutch to English,but Verlinden did once had the same material,think it's no longer available by VP]
The small tree at the backside of the little Jagdpanzer 38 is a branch from JOEFIX STUDIOS,from kit #113.

The coloring of the groundwork,wallfiller colored with some cheap acrylic paint,was done with my ever present pigments,blending the pigments into each other is a keyword,pretty much so as using oilpaints on a figure.
I also used laser cut plant by NOCH,also found in [I know I'm getting boring] :side: the railroad scenery section.
...and some static grass and more scatter material from.....you know by now I guess...

End pictures hopefully this weekend.

greetings,Ron.

Well folks,this one has come to an end.

But first I gotta tell you about some bad things that happened;

After I poored the Still Water on my diorama,I put it on top of a cupboard which wasn't flat.
I WAS convinced the water had cured....but....overnight some water oozed out of my dio.
And when I took it from the cupboard a little stream had gone from the pit the JP 38[t] was in out of my dio destroying some groundwork,ofcourse the water THEN allready was hardened... :vmad

So I peeled off some cured water with my knive....destroying MORE groundwork. :(
Had to do some groundwork and vegetation AGAIN!
Vallejo Still Water needs about 24 hours to cure 5mm of water...so they say.Well,in my case it WASN'T!
[Maybe it's because I mixed Vallejo paint in to it] :idonno

Here is was I peeled off;

hetzer_af1.jpg

Then there was the case of the winged BEAST,which with his beak had a go at the scattermaterial,think birdy thought it was birdfood...
Well,I can't stay mad at our parakeet KARELTJE. :laugh:

kareltje.jpg

Ok,the final end pics...
Was thinking about a dead German soldier on the road,but decided to leave it.might be too much drama as in:https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/fettes-figure-forum/86005-of-boy-and-horse
Closed the road with a rope,the white teared up cloth is teflontape,to make it more noticeable for drivers.Used signes,one of them is a warning for landmines.

hetzer_af2.jpg

hetzer_af3.jpg

hetzer_af4.jpg

hetzer_af5.jpg

hetzer_af6.jpg

hetzer_af7.jpg

hetzer_af8.jpg

hetzer_af9.jpg

hetzer_af10.jpg

hetzer_af11.jpg

hetzer_af12.jpg

hetzer_af13.jpg

That's about it!
I will post some pics in the completion section...just GOT TO have that cool looking Camo ribbon. :D

Greetings,Ron.

Looks great Ron! Sorry about your troubles, but looks like you saved it pretty well.

Terry (y)

Quit smoking! bad for ya... :fencing

Outstanding job Ron, love it, just dirty up those white cloths...just too white for that environment imho. :mpup

Quit smoking! bad for ya... :fencing

Outstanding job Ron, love it, just dirty up those white cloths...just too white for that environment imho. :mpup

Quit smoking....wished I could... :zen

Not sure about the white cloths,maybe I will dirty them up a little,but it's my intention to let them stand out a bit,...drivers may not notice the rope in dark weather.

Put some pics in the completion section.....WINK,WINK,NUDGE,NUDGE :D

Greetings,Ron.

Back