• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Indochina jungle temple

First layer of moss,

h0116838.JPG

h3ec56f7.JPG

(y) Really appreciate encouraging comments!

This i my first time doing an ancient building ''I am still learning''

If you got ideas/ suggestions ...... :D i am willing to try out most things

Piet ... Mostly trail and error with blending ... as you know if the oils are still wet ... takes about three days to cure ... there will be a interaction ... drying time between applications is the key ... I haven't mastered this technic yet check blending acrylic oils on YouTube ... lots of inspiration there ...

h672f33b.jpg

he974db8_2015-08-23.jpg

This bridge top, has been done with Black Yellow ochre, and brown ...

h8e54daa_2015-08-23.jpg

This is what I ended up with ... More study is necessary as this is right after I read acrylics for Dummy's that came with the $20.00 Walmart paint set ... :salute Your doing a fine job keep it up ... :drool :woohoo: (y)

as you know if the oils are still wet ... takes about three days to cure ...

No it isn't,Swordsman. :D

Well,you could use this stuff to really speed up the drying,it's really "wunderbar"! : https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/news-reviews-and-shows/149979-blitz-dry#210433

(bridge looks great S) (y)

Mighty fine work Piet! (y) :notworthy

Gr,Ron.

Added more color,(Gunze sangyo mr hobby aqueous)
See the cardboard sample in picture 4 : dark green ,lighter green and yellow green applied in this order .

habd86a5.JPG

h673ffde.JPG

h5ea2e99.JPG

h49cff8e.JPG

Next : adding a final Green slime wash .

h3862991.JPG

Painted /airbrushed a rich jungle soil color ,on top of this there will be the first layer of jungle vegetation leaves,roots and all that.

h17b49be.JPG

h95d44c5.JPG

Back