• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

I'm dreaming of a cold Christmas

Barney

The real feel is -26° with gusts above 50 MPH.

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

That's unbelievable cold for the Sunny South!
Here are a few of our highlights:
20221115_084802.jpgResized952022111595103112.jpgResized952022122395093358.jpg
Only 4 inches of "Blizzard" here on the frosty prairie. It isn't historically this cold until late January or early February. -4 degrees regular temp. Plenty of wind.
Remember last year in Texas?

Almost tropical here. Up to -25°C with -35°C windchill. It was -37°C this morning. If we're lucky, it will get above -20°C tomorrow.

Cheers ,
Rich

Yeah Rich but like y'all are use to it.

We haven't gotten over 28f today. Calling for singles tomorrow.

Almost tropical here. Up to -25°C with -35°C windchill. It was -37°C this morning. If we're lucky, it will get above -20°C tomorrow.
you must be in Canada….was -42 Celsius here without the wind a couple of days, averaging -32 Celsius for the last 3 weeks (yes, I’m pretty sure hell has frozen over) a balmy -25 today (not counting the fricken wind)

Made it down to 0 at 6:00 AM
Will warm up to the 20's today,somuch better then yesterday

Having a quint old house gets old on single digit days. I got some major drafts up in here and it's freezing. Can't get inside temp up. Wasn't so bad yesterday when it didn't get in the 30s but today. Brrrr Man!

I been able to get to bench the last three days, to cold to go outside.
We had enough blowing snow last night to turn on the motion light on and on and on.

Return trip from Marion on I-380 & I-80 west. 57 vehicles off the road. 7 heavy trucks were among them. I counted 3 buckets as collateral damage. Mo Snow came for our RTB to NAS (R) White Oak. OMAFA!

And if you think that's not a difference it is. Our furnace could not keep up when it was in the single digits the other day, last couple of days it's been in the teens and 20sF and we're fine.

Wife finally agreed to put the screens up and th storm windows down. She LIKES it cold. MY heart condition likes it warm, Of course now she complains it is too warm in the bedroom...

Back